Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2006 RAV4 Roof Rack: Cross Bar Removal
I would like to be able to remove the cross bars from the factory roof racks. I have discovered that this entails the removal of the rear roof rack endcaps. Thank you in advance for any insight or...
1
1

2006 Sienna trailer hitch - Which one to buy?
I'm looking to put a trailer hitch on my 2006 Sienna in the next couple of weeks. I need a class 2 or 3 with a 2-inch receiver. I'll be pulling a 5' by 10' cargo trailer (max weight 3,000 lbs.) for...
5
5

91 supra power steering leak
Hi! Have a 91 Supra- auto, turbo. Have a power steering leak which seems to be coming out of the drivers side boot- wonder if it is likely a seal at gearbox or rack needs replacement or rebuild? Hoses...
4
4

1985 corolla, 4A-c engine, RWD, 2BBL carb is running way too rich
My 1985 corolla with 4A-c engine, federal emissions, Rear wheel drive, 2 barrel carburetor is running very rich, even at idle. This car used to run lean, and getting to much fuel to the engine is a...
3
3

1992 toyota celica 2.2L, 5 speed, speedometer doesnt work
What could be the cause of this??Where would the fuse be located? If it is not the fuse, how could I correct this problem?
1
1

4afe no start
changed cap, rotor, plug wires and plugs on my 95 Corolla, old cap and rotor were toast; it would hesitate on wet days. it now turns over, but does not start; I can smell fuel so it's getting fuel. I...
1
1

2002 Highlander - codes P0125 and P0136 (CEL and VSC lights)
Having brought my 2002 Toyota V6 AWD with 140,000 miles to my Toyota dealership to check out a simultaneous check engine light and vehicle stability control light, I learned that I would need an...
2
2

2000 Corolla new stereo getting engine (alternator?) noise
Figured I?d post to see if anyone has any suggestions other than what I?ve tried already. Installed a new stereo system in 2000 corolla. New Pioneer head unit, component blaupunkts in the front, polk...
23
23

How much would it cost to put in a new camry engine?
My engine crapped out on me and I need to put in a new one. Now by new I mean a new "used" engine. It's a '94 camry 4 cylinder.
7
7

Toyota Harrier 1999 - CPU/ECU Problem
Hi, I have a 1999 Toyota Harrier that was victim of a flood, and sustained severe water damage. In short the CPU & ECU were fried. I have had quite a difficult time finding a replacement. Any help...
1
1

Toyota Starlet window question
My driver's window was a little stiff and then the mechanism eventually broken (I had to press down on the window while turning the handle to open the window after that). This will result in a fail on...
3
3

2000 Corolla CE: Headlights wont turn on, lock/window control switches non functional
Hello everyone, My father drives a 2000 Corolla CE. Recently the headlights stopped working. All the fuses appear to be okay according to a multimeter. The failure was not immediate; the headlights...
6
6

91 Tercel TailLight relay location?
Dash, tail and the rest of the lights connected through the Tail Light wiring is not working. The fuse is OK. I suspect that the Tail Light relay is the culprit. Could anyone point me to the relay...
1
1

RAV4 rear door part
I'm not even sure what this part is called. It the a flat rod assembly that keeps the rear cargo door from swinging open too far. When you open the rear door you can see it between the upper and lower...
6
6

2006 Matrix vibrates loudly when idling
My year-old 2006 Matrix starts to vibrate quite loudly when stopped at a light. I can often feel the vibration in the steering wheel and the brake pedal. It's been in to the dealer twice. They...
6
6

Tech question: 97 Land Cruiser EGR flow insufficent error code
Hi group, I am hoping a Toyota tech reads this and can tell me how to diagnose the error code on my Crusher. It has the 401 code and how can I tell if it is the egr valve vsv, or other component?...
2
2

Engine rattle on 98 Toyota Corolla LE
I just bought a 98 Toyota Corolla LE yesterday from a friend. It has 85K Miles, pretty good body condition, and it only cost me $4k. I'm thinking I got a great deal. I took it to a mechanic I trust...
14
14

80 Tercel no start
Car has 67,000 original miles. Has been running fine, no problems what-so-ever. Drove the car to work one day. When I tried to start it, to come back home, it wouldn't start. The starter engages fine,...
8
8

Question about how to remove wiper arm assembly in 92 Paseo
Hi all I just bought a nice condition 1992 Toyota Paseo and the wiper arms are extremelly rusty. I am referring to the entire arm that extends from the body ... NOT the under hood rocker arm that...
1
1

Corolla 1.6 16v 1990- Battery light is always lit ?
Hi! I have an old (but still going strong) Toyota Corolla 1.6 16v. My problem: For the last couple of weeks the battery warning light has been lit random. The strange thing is that if you turn on...
24
24