Best Rated threads in General Toyota Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Valves tapping Avalon 2000 90,000 miles
Hello, I bought a used 2000 Avalon with 80,000 miles on it. It now has 90,000 miles and the engine valves are beginning to make a loud tapping noise when the engine is under a small strain. I have...
43
43

replacing lost ignition key?
I want to try to restore my dad's '87 toyota pickup, which has been parked in a barn. Being in his 80's dad can't remember where he put the only key he had. Is there some way I can get a new one made?...
10
10

How can I tell what type of engine I have, 1.6L or 1.8L?
How can I tell if my 94 corolla has a 1.6L EFI DOHC or a 1.8L EFI DOHC? Is there a way to tell by looking at the VIN? Every time I go to AutoZone to buy parts they ask me and I don't know what to tell...
9
9

Corolla 2003 vs 2004 vs 2005
Is there any difference between the 2003, 2004, and 2005 Corollas, other than the year they were made? Are minor improvements made each year? I'm searching for a used Corolla and trying to figure out...
2
2

how to adjust power steering belt, 1MZ-FE?
2002 Sienna, trying to change the water pump on this but stuck on trying to remove the power steering belt. One bolt (on the slide) is easy; the pivot bolt... um, which is the pivot bolt? Manuals say...
1
1

2007 Corolla remote door lock beep
Does anyone know if it is possible to set a horn chirp when you lock or unlock the doors with the remote? This is for a new 2007 Corolla. Thanks!
7
7

94 Corolla intermittent stalls
Have a 94 Toyota corolla with a 1.8l Engine. I decided to be good to my daughter and tune her car, since the mechanic wanted $600 for cap rotor plugs and wires. I put the parts in and now it does a...
6
6

'93 Geo Prizm (Toyota 1.6l) emissions... High NOx and EGR valve?
This car failed emissions for high nitrous oxides. Limit was ~1300 and it was puting out ~1400. I was thinking it may be the EGR valve, but I can not find the EGR valve on this car. I'm beginning to...
8
8

2000 toyota corolla loud engine rattle
Toyota with 104k miles has a very loud knocking sound coming from the front passenger side. It is worst at idle and low speeds. 3 mechanics told me I needed a new tensioner - got the tensioner...

Camry AM2 Fuse blew due to bad capacitor in distributor
Hi guys, I'm the guy that was asking aobut the timing belt... 95 Camy 105,000mi 4 cyl The car is fixed !!!!. The distributor did turn, the timing belt was good!!! I had no spark, no check engine...
1
1

ENGINE SUDDENLY SHUTDOWN WHILE DRIVING (Toyota Corolla Wagon)
What causes the *Engine Warning Light* not illuminated when ignition is turned on? Have realised that when turned on the ignition, the engine warning light does not illuminate and engine would give a...
1
1

Toyota Avensis gps hack
Hi, I bypassed the (factory) gps lock in my car. (prevents setting gps while the car moves) It tunrned out to be very simple => I just want to share this ... Michris

What is the 2000 Sienna towing capacity?
The 2000 Toyota Sienna manual says the towing capacity is 2000 or 3500 with towing package. How can I tell if the vehicle has the towing package? The transmission cooler seems to cover the entire...
3
3

Y&R Fenmore's Department Stores?
OK, Fenmore's is supposed to be this huge national chain of big department stores. Lauren's father, Neil Fenmore had a fancy office (remember the "horse" picture?) that Lauren inherited when he had a...
3
3

Toyota Pickup 1981 electrical problem
hi all, so, now i?m totally confused, changed everything in my electrical system and my alternator still doesn?t work, it works when i go have it checked but doesn?t work in my truck. what could be...
5
5

Toyota Sienna CE, 2001, Oxygen Sensors
I have a 2001 Toyota Sienna CE with engine codes P1135 and P1155. I am looking for a way to bypass the oxygen sensors, as well as suggestions regarding the lack of engine power. As long as it is...
4
4

Oil capacity of '02 Corolla at dipstick marks?
Anyone know the oil capacity of the '02 Corolla and how much is at each stick mark?
42
42

2002 Avalon lights flickering...
I just replace my battery about 5 months ago... Yesterday, I noticed that when I had any interior lights on, they kinda flicker... about 3 times a second... then noticed that the speedomoter lighting...
2
2

Some details of the 2AZ-FE engine
Gonna write this stuff down and post it so I don't lose it. Had to wade through a lot of pages to find it. The 5th Generation Camry's 2AZ-FE engine (an advanced powerplant, by the way) is the same...
74
74

toyota avalon hesitation and running poorly
My 2001 toyota avalon xls had hesitation problems and often had trouble accelerating and stalled at traffic lights. the vsc light came on as well as the service engine light .On this model the mass...
4
4