How many of these do you know - Toyota vehicle names

When I was looking up the Wish and the Innova I saw this, a list of all the current and former names used by Toyota acoss the globe. I, at least, found it interesting. Tomes

Current Vehicles

4Runner ? Allion ? Alphard ? Aurion ? Auris ? Avalon ? Avanza ? Avensis ? Aygo ? bB ? Belta ? Blade ? Brevis ? Caldina ? Camry ? Camry Hybrid ? Camry Solara ? Century ? Coaster ? Comfort ? Corolla ? Crown ? Dyna ? Estima ? FJ Cruiser ? Fortuner ? Harrier ? Harrier Hybrid ? Hiace ? Highlander ? Highlander Hybrid ? Hilux ? Hilux Surf ? Hilux SW4 ? Innova ? Ipsum ? Isis ? Ist ? Kijang ? Kluger ? Land Cruiser ? Land Cruiser Prado ? Liteace ? Matrix ? Mark II Blit ? Mark X ? MR-S ? Noah ? Passo ? Porte ? Premio ? Prius ? Probox ? Pregrés ? Qualis ? QuickDelivery ? Ractis ? Raum ? RAV4 ? RegiusAce ? Reiz ? Revo ? Rush ? Sequoia ? Sienna ? Sienta ? Succeed ? Tacoma ? Tarago ? TownAce ? ToyoAce ? Tundra ? Vios ? Vitz ? Voxy ? WISH ? Yaris

Past Vehicles

2000 GT ? AA ? Allex ? Altezza ? Aristo ? Cami ? Carina ? Cavalier ? Celica ? Celsior ? Chaser ? Corona ? Cressida ? Cynos ? DA90 ? DA115 ? Duet ? Echo ? FJ40 ? FJ70 ? Fun Cargo ? Granvia ? Lexcen ? Mark II ? Mega Cruiser ? MR2 ? Opa ? Origin ? Paseo ? Picnic ? Platz ? Previa ? Pronard ? Publica ? S800 ? SA ? Sera ? Soarer ? Sprinter Trueno ? Starlet ? Stout ? Supra ? T100 ? Tamaraw ? Tercel ? Van ? Verossa ? Vista ? Voltz ? WiLL ? Windom

Concept Vehicles Alessandro Volta ? CS&S ? eCom ? F3R ? FINE-N ? FINE-S ? FT-HS ? FT-SX ? FTX ? i-swing ? i-unit ? Motor Triathlon Race Car ? NLSV ? PM ? Pod ? RSC ? Sportivo

Reply to
Tomes

Toyota had a Cavalier?! Hubby had a Chevy one, that was a total POS. Only recognize nine of the old ones, and none of the "concept" ones.

And I know the Corolla FX 16 is a Corolla type, but it was very special! Right, Hachi?

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Out of all these, I recognized a whopping (said facetiously) 25 names.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Toyota had more, you can see a more complete list here:

The SR5 pickup is missing from both lists.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I recognize 24 of these.

I recognize 13 of them.

I recognize zero of these.

Reply to
badgolferman

If I listed all the Fords being made, a bunch of them would probably surprise you (overseas of course).

Same thing with Chevys and the other American brands.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

4Runner ? ? ? ? Auris ? Avalon ? ? Avensis ? Aygo ? bB ? ? Blade ? ? Caldina ? Camry ? Camry Hybrid ? Camry Solara ? Century ? Coaster ? ? Corolla ? Crown ? Estima ? FJ Cruiser ? Harrier Hybrid ? Hiace ? Highlander ? Highlander Hybrid ? Hilux ? Hilux Surf ? Hilux SW4 ? Ipsum ? Isis ? Land Cruiser ? Land Cruiser Prado ? Liteace ? Matrix ? Mark II MR-S ? Passo ? Prius ? Probox ? ? QuickDelivery ? Ractis ? RAV4 ? RegiusAce ? Sequoia ? Sienna ? Succeed ? Tacoma ? Tarago ? TownAce ? ToyoAce ? Tundra ? Vitz ? Yaris
2000 GT ? ? Altezza ? Aristo ? Cami ? Carina ? Cavalier ? Celica ? Celsior ? Chaser ? Corona ? Cressida ? Cynos ? DA90 ? DA115 ? Echo ? FJ40 ? FJ70 ? Fun Cargo ? ? Mark II ? Mega Cruiser ? MR2 ? Paseo ? Picnic ? Platz ? Previa ? Publica ? S800 ? Sera ? Soarer ? Sprinter Trueno ? Starlet ? Stout ? Supra ? T100 ? ? Tercel ? Van ? Vista ? Windom

Concept Vehicles Alessandro Volta ? F3R ? ? ? Motor Triathlon Race Car ? NLSV ? ? Sportivo

You Forgot my favorite, the Crown Royal. I wish they had sold the Sera here, I would have definitely bought one of those! The Soarer was sold here as the Lexus SC series. You forgot the Levin, which is the same as the Trueno, but instead of pop-up headlights it had fixed headlights from the Corolla sedan. There are a couple others you missed, but that's it.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Oh, yeah...the Cavalier. A rebaged GM POS...

Reply to
Hachiroku

PLPLPLPLPLPLPLPLPLPLPL!!!! ;P

Reply to
Hachiroku

*snip*

muhahahaha!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

The Toyota Cavalier was a re-badged Chevy Cavalier sold through Toyota dealers in Japan. The did not sell well and was discontinued after only a few years.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" ...

WTF was Toyota *thinking*?!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

This 1995 article describes the Toyota Cavalier and how Toyota ended up selling it:

Ray O

I haven't read Ray's response yet, but I believe it was a reciprocal thing with GM-Toyota, since Chevy was selling rebadged Toyotas under the Geo name first, and the Chevy name later. I think it was some effort to 'adjust' the trade deficit with Japan.

Guess who the loser was there? ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I Think I have to worry about you now, Why would you want a Sera?? Gutless at best, now windows to speak of, no back seat just 2 planks of wood covered in fabric, very high rear loading hight as only the rear glass opens, insanely hot inside except if you live in Arctic circle. Only good point I could ever see was the doors (which are cool).

The Crown Athlete V is missing to.

Reply to
Nick Bourne

"Hachiroku ????"

Lemme get back to you on that...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I'll bet none of you folks remember the Toyopet, which I rode in a couple of times (they were upper echelon taxicabs) in Tokyo, half a century ago. They reminded me somewhat of the English cars of the era, like Hillmans and Humbers and Rovers. Solidly built.

Reply to
mack

Actually, in some parts of the world, Toyotas are still sold as Toyopets, because they were a lot more prolific in Asia than anywhere else. (Or at least, sold as Toyopets into the 80's, anyway)

The Toyopet was first sold here in 1958, I think it was. It did not do well. The engine was so underpowered that hills in San Francisco were non-negotiable! They rode like trucks and fell apart handily. The dealer in CA closed, and the Japanese Sararyman that was heading up importation and promotion committed Hari-Kari (just kidding on that last part, I think...)

They came back 8 years later and never left.

Reply to
Hachiroku

"mack" ...

Tomes wrote:

Do they grow green hair too?

Sorry, couldn't resist a Chia Pet reference.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I wish they would have continued selling the Carina here after the 73 model year. I wish I could find my old TA12-038182 but she's probably been in the boneyard since 1980.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr