How's Hasting CF410 oil filter?

I can't keep track of all your hypocrisies. Figure it out yourself.

Reply to
Mark A

So, you based a conversation on something you can't explain. That's interesting.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Really? Why? Maybe you can explain what he thinks he saw me say sometime in the past.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

So, you also think there's some sort of hypocrisy connected with my owning a Tacoma, but you can't explain it?

I guess the hypocrisy doesn't exist, then. But, I know EXACTLY what you're imagining, and what you misinterpreted.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Look Joe, many times you ask for proof, or whatever, I end up doing a research project to prove you are wrong. After a while I just get tired of doing it, as it is a lot of work and I have better things to do with my life than respond to your Gestapo orders telling me what to do.

Reply to
Mark A

You made a comment based on a premise which you cannot explain. Therefore, your only accurate conclusion is that you should not have made the comment.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Prove your premise, which is that my owning a Tacoma is hypocritical. You don't need to go find any past messages written by me to prove your premise. Describe a concept which you imagine I represented in a prior message. You must have SOMETHING in your head which makes you believe what you're saying.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

If you take your vehicle to a dealer for an oil change and you caught that dealer using something other than the oil you asked for, would you take your vehicle back to that dealer for a transmission rebuild?

My personal philosophy in life is, "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me." In short NOBODY gets a second change at me or mine. If I even suspect that I'm getting shafted by a business, I will never darken their door again.

Smart business men won't lie to you and won't try to "pull a fast one" because they realize that their future depends on the customer's repeat business. That is the main reason why this government bail out of business is going to fail. The people who are responsible for the business's failure are still going to be running the businesses.

Jack J

Reply to
Retired VIP

There is no way I can see what the dealer is putting in my crankcase so that would probably not happen.

A dealer is not one person, but many employees, only some of whom may not use the oil I asked for (either by mistake or deliberately). I don't think they are better or worse than other places in this regard, so switching to another place probably would not help unless I can see what they are doing. If I didn't watch what the people at an oil change place did, they might make a mistake every now and then (I do remember one time when they started to use the wrong oil and I told them again I wanted Mobil 1).

Most of the oil changes done at dealers are not done by the same techs who do major repairs.

Rebuilding a transmission is something I try and avoid at all costs. That is why I bought a Toyota.

Reply to
Mark A

What if it's for the space shuttle?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

It's still not rocket science. It's just an engineering problem.

Reply to
Jeff

Dealers *are* small businesses.

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
johngdole

Reply to
johngdole

Actually Google should. If your "Hasting" filter is actually "Hastings Filters". Clacor brands that I can google are: Baldwin filters, Hastings filters, and Clark filters.

They specializes in heavy duty (such as agricultural, industrial, railroad, mining, etc) filtration products. They also make private label filters. So if you have a John Deere tractor or Caterpillar (I'm not sure the exact customers), you may be using one of their filters.

I don't know about the filtration media details. I personally use Purolator's PureOne, Bosch Filtech, or Motorcraft (made by Purolator, which was bought by Bosch).

See also:

This local auto shop that I bring my 2000 Camry to do a good job on > my

Reply to
johngdole

Are you just spouting off or do you have some data to back that up?

Reply to
Retired VIP