Instrument cluster removal

Hello, I've tried to remove the instrument cluster in my 1999 corolla to replace some bulbs but there isn't enough extension to get behind the cluster. I removed all the screws but it seems that the wires connecting the cluster are too short. Have anyone encountered this problem and if so are there any suggestions to solve this problem?

Reply to
bornfree

If you don't get any useful responses here, go to this web site and pay $10.00 for one day worth of access:

Online service manuals!

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reach around to the rear of the cluster, and locate the connectors. Feel for the release, push it in and pull the connector out. There are 3 to 5 of them, depending on the model (you didn't say). Then you'll be able to remove the entire cluster from the car. When you get them free, you'll see from the shapes and sizes there's only one way to reconnect them.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Thanks much for the info. However, after disconnecting the cluster in this way won't it be difficult to reconnect it?

Hachiroku =E3=83=8F=E3=83=81=E3=83=AD=E3=82=AF wrote:

Reply to
bornfree

Electrical plugs are easier to re-connect than disconnect.

Reply to
Ray O