lift kit question?????

It must not be too bad if the Lexus can get through. I was thinking much worse. Doesn't sound like a site you'd normally see - a Lexus in the woods...

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

LOL! People often ask me if there is another paved road to the top of the hill, I just tell them that I cruised up the path that they had difficulty walking up.

Reply to
Ray O

We gotta see some pictures of this place you're talking about. Maybe a muddy Lexus at the top of the hill?

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Here is the only picture I can find of the road leading up to the tower:

The picture was taken when the road was first cleared - the cement truck is delivering cement for the tower's foundation. This gallery has photos of the completed tower and some Cub Scouts climbing:
The short Asian guy in the gray t-shirt and yellow helmet that appears in this album is yours truly:
Hangin' out:
Sorry, I couldn't find any pictures of the muddy Lexus at the tower ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

Hey, thanks for the links and pics Ray! It's cool being able to see the face behind the words. The tower you've referred to is different from what I pictured. Bigger actually. Looks like fun - makes me miss the care free days I used to go backpacking with friends. Went from the Shenandoahs up to the Adirondaks. I'm also a short Asian guy, but not Japanese. You've got a few years on me, but looks like you have more fun than I! Also work in the auto industry of sorts, but for a company that does corporate auto leasing from cars to trucks w/upfitting. We actually do factory ordering from Toyota as well as the Big Three, but I believe most leasing companies do so as well.

You've got to bring your digital camera the next time you take the Lexus up to the tower!

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

You're welcome on the pics! I'll try to remember to bring my camera next time I'm at that tower.

Our council has two camps, with a climbing tower at each. The tower in the pictures is 50 feet tall with 6 sides: two 20 foot sides, two 35 foot sides, and two 50 foot sides. Each level is set up so 1 side is for climbing and 1 side is for rappelling. It is a fun tower, although my biggest gripe is that the only way to the top other than climbing the exterior is a vertical ladder up the inside. During the course of a day, I probably climb that 50 foot ladder at least 20 times, and it starts to get tiring when you're north of 50 years old. Fortunately, coming down is easy - just rappel down ;-)

Reply to
Ray O

This makes me the third asian guy in this NG =) hmm makes me wonder...always a name and an initial (Ray O, Dave L, EdV)

Reply to
EdV

We're the 3 wise men from the orient?

Reply to
Ray O

Well.... I could also be DL.

Works for me! Although I usually lurk - trying to absorb more wisdom as data transfers through my eyes into my brain. Or via osmosis.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Since one learns more by listening than talking, that definitely qualifies as wise!

Reply to
Ray O

If we are the 3 wise men... who's the Baby Jesus? and expecting mothers who reads this newsgroup??

Well I do make a bit =) of nonsense comments in this group, so I'm a long shot from being a wise man. I try to stay out form the OT discussions but its just too darn fun.

Reply to
EdV

Gotta think about that one!

Reply to
Ray O

Unless I don't ask questions when I should be asking them!

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

LOL! That happens to me fairly often!

Reply to
Ray O

What?! Is this an Asian thing? EdV, does this happen to you too? LOL

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Must be!

Reply to
Ray O

LOL, well what can I say, English is not my mother tongue. Must be the language barrier =)

Reply to
EdV

Tagalog?

Reply to
Ray O

On Dec 27, 1:03 am, "Ray O" wrote: Tagalog?

Yup, you got it. I lived most of my life outside the US but our family started traveling to American after WW2. Both my grandfather and father served in the US Navy. I'm the only male without military experience.

from wikipedia- There are over 170 languages in the Philippines; Of all of these languages, only 2 are considered official in the country, at least 10 are considered major and at least 8 are considered co-official.

Reply to
EdV

It seems as if the Philippines are as much a melting pot as the U.S., with Asians with Spanish-sounding surnames who are multi-lingual!

Reply to
Ray O