Looking for an used car with more power than my 1991 Tercel

I have a 5-speed Tercel that really lacks acceleration. I am at a red light, and when the light turns green, everyone seems to be ahead of me, and quickly. I'm looking for another used car that would solve that problem. Can you help?

Reply to
mikesmith9999

This should eliminate that problem for ya'!

Truckdude

Based on the 4 Corollas I've owned since '84 (each one having more power than its predecessor), I betcha virtually any used car that's from the mid-late 90's -> on up, will have more HP than your '91 Tercel. Including the smallest used Toyotas.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You're probably right. It's not only the HP that matters, but the weight of the car as well.

Reply to
mikesmith9999

Supras are good for that. Pick one up on E-Bay.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Let me be more specific. Is there a list on the web of cars showing what is their acceleration.

Reply to
mikesmith9999

I've never come across a web site that compares acceleration figures for every vehicle made.

There a factor that should make your quest for a faster vehicle a little easier. The 1991 Tercel was among the slowest vehicles sold, so any vehicle with a larger engine should accelerate more quickly.

Reply to
Ray O

Stay away from golf carts and you will be ok.

8) Dan
Reply to
Danny G.