Navigation for RAV4

Can you get a Navigation option on the 2008 RAV4..? I don't see it offered for any model at Edmunds.com.

If so, what prices are being quoted for Limited model, 4WD, 3.5L, w/Nav..?

I'm in the Phoenix, AZ area.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

I have a portable GPS MIO C310X, works as well as any Nav system and its transferable to any car and carry it wherever you want. The newer GPS from MIO even has mediaplayer so you can watch movies in your car.

Reply to
EdV

Navigation is not listed on Toyota's web site so the answer to your question is probably no.

Reply to
Ray O

Crutchfield.com doesn't list one for the 08 Rav4, so you may be out of luck. I use a Garmin Nuvi350 with NavTek map. Choose the NavTek map over the Tele Atlas in the US.

Reply to
johngdole

Bummer... Nice vehicle, too. I wonder why no Nav - it seems to be everywhere else.

Reply to
Larry in AZ

My guess is that navigation will be offered in a later model year, you can move up to the Highlander, or for the most cost-effective GPS system, go with an aftermarket one.

Reply to
Ray O

My Tele Atlas map has an updated map for $19.99 I will have to wait for my delivery next week. What's the advantage of Nav Tek map over the Tele Atlas?

Reply to
EdV

I prefer the manufacturer's integrated Nav systems. First, they're about four times the screen area of the portables. The one in our Acura TL measures over 7-inches. And they often work with the radio, blue tooth, and other control systems in the car.

We have two cars with integrated systems now. I'm stuck on them...

Reply to
Larry in AZ