Need help to code transponder key for Camry 2002

Hi,

I have recently bought a 2002 Camry CSI but unfortunately it came with only 1 master key. Bought a new key from Toyota and have the key cut done. Next I would like to try coding the key with the elecronic module in the car. Found a procedure in one of the old news thread as follows but does not have any success after following the steps. Has anyone got any clue?

"The programming sequence for adding another key (Toyota key part number 89785-26020) to the Camry, according to the key company catalog is as follows: Make sure all windows and doors are closed, and insert the master key in the ignition. Cycle the ignition key ON/OFF 5 times and leave the key in the lock. Open/Close the driver side door 6 times. Remove the original key and insert the new duplicate key, BUT DO NOT TURN THE KEY ON. The theft light will stay off after 60 to 80 seconds indicating the re-programming was successful."

Would also like someone to clarify some of the steps for me below. When it says "insert new key, do not turn the key on", does it mean leaving the key in "lock" or "AC" position? Does "cycling the ignition key ON/OFF" mean moving the key position from "AC" to "ON" and then back to "AC"? I have assumed the above in the try which failed. What should I try next?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Paul Tse.

Reply to
potse

Is there anything at this site that can help you with the new key.

Goat