New car purchase

No wonder you are confused if that is what you believe. I must be a Canadian thing left over from your former relationship to the King of England. In the US our rights do not come from the government but are given to us directly by the creator. The federal government in the US have only those powers given to it by the people and the states. Those rights are spelled out in our Federal and various state Constitutions. Our Constitution guarantees life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as well as the rights in the Bill of Rights. Freedom of the press and the right to practice religion, the right to own property, the right to bare arms, freedom from search and seizure, the right to due process, the right to a speedy trial, freedom to travel (the manner of conveyance not defined,) the presumption of innocence, the right NOT to testify against owned self, etc. but nary a word on the right to drive on the highways and byways. In other words we have the right to walk down the public streets but if we want the privilege to drive those same streets we must demonstrate that we can, and will, do so in compliance with the laws covering the use of those highways and byways and pay all of the taxes and fees that support those highways and byways. If we do not we can, and many do, loose that privilege ;)

mike hunt

. "Gord Beaman" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Mike Hunter