OT Alien Spotting

Why is it everytime an alien spotting takes place, the alien looks just like we imagined it would in our fiction books? They always have big foreheads and huge eyes... This one was getting a little sneaky sneaky of some ass...

Don't Taze Me, Bro!

There may be silicon based life forms. Other forms of life that are non carbon may be lurking in the universe. You might want to do a google. It is quite a fascinating subject. Of course, we will never know. The nearest star system is light years away. Unless we can figure out how to go faster, much faster than the speed of light we are bound to our own solar system and the near planets. Depressing to say the least.

Reply to
dbu

Indeed, but one of the origonal ideas of alien life form was a work of fiction. Now it seems that ever spotted life form looks that way give or take a few.

In this case, aliens have traveled millions of light years and the best peak that they can get is peaking through a window like a night stalker. I am betting that if their were a shred of truth in any of this, the aliens would be able to look into a room without having to peak through a window.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

That is an unfair and exagerated statement.

Foxnews has covered the story as much as any other news network. It cannot be the only story a network covers just because the guy is coming out against a republican administration.

The story was found in the scitech section of foxnews.com. FOXNEWS.COM HOME > SCITECH

News networks have hundereds of people on tons of stories and they pick stories up off of the AP all of the time.

As for Scott McClellan...

Scott did what was financially in his best interest. It is the same thing that both liberals and conservatives have done in their administrations for the past several decades.

Am I saying the Bush Whitehouse is clean? No! I am saying Scott is making a pretty penny on what sales right now. If Scott were truly a man of character and truly knew these things were going on, then he would have come out with a scathing report of this administration to the press when he was PS.

I have to agree with Bob Dole on this one.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

OH, AND BTW, a simple scan of google news shows many networks covering the story (abcnews, chicago sun times, cnn, etc).

Don't Taze Me, Bro!

He got a big advance to write the book...will be a long time before sales catch up.

Scott was drunk on the cool aid at the time... plus it is about like the military, have to quit first.

Reply to
Terraholm

The Hubble pictures of bodies of gas and other distant universes, millions, yes millions of light years away is beyond comprehension. We will never know. Even the SETI search using high powered receivers and antennas is obviously fruitless, radio waves travel the speed of light too. To hear a distant signal hundreds or thousands, millions of light years away today, that place the signal originated from is probably not even there anymore. Just as we (earth) will be gone in a few billion years our radio signals as weak as they would be after traveling such a long time would still be there, but we won't. We are, lost in space and almost alone. Earth is a magnificent place when you think about it, a jewel, an oasis in space, a vert rare place. Wow!! I'm getting a headache now.

Reply to
dbu

Arent they all? No administration has had a monopoly on honesty. I consider myself a fair person and that is why both sides get scathing criticism and I often consider one side getting away with something the other side did not. However, they both have their homies who leave the gang for a pretty book deal.

"Well, why, all of a sudden, if he (Richard Clarke) had all these grave concerns, did he not raise these sooner? This is one-and-a-half years after he left the administration. And now, all of a sudden, he's raising these grave concerns that he claims he had. And I think you have to look at some of the facts. One, he is bringing this up in the heat of a presidential campaign. He has written a book and he certainly wants to go out there and promote that book." Scott McClellan

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

That they are using the same old attack and discredit talking points against Scott just helps prove his point about how he was used. =)

Reply to
Terraholm

Look, I would like to use Scott's sudden change of heart as well, but it does not work when he made the above quote. It is clearly a financially motivated matter. As Bob Dole said, Scott was enjoying the cushy job. Of course, egos and pride are mostly what is at stake in Washington. At the end of the day, the representitive and his cabinet care about you more than they care about some joe schmoe dying in Iraq.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

He made that quote as part of the talking points he was given. Now he is speaking for himself. And the change of heart was not sudden....

Reply to
Terraholm

Ask Fox Mulder. He may have an answer you'd like to believe.

Reply to
badgolferman

Sure it was. Just 18 months ago he said something in favor of this Presidency.

With that said, when are his words accountable and who is the "administration?" I think the Press Secretary is indeed one of the most crucial parts of an "administration." The press live and die by his words most of the time.

I look at this much like a look at the Gotti crime family. Sammy the Bull was apart of the organization. He played a crucial roll in that administration. Then he became a turncoat. In the end he is still just a criminal. Or we can compare him to Dick Morris even.

I personally do not pardon Scott and he can consider himself a money grabber in my eyes.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Anyway, how did we get from Aliens to Scott McClellan? Heh!

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Speaking of, what is it that made Scully sexy? I look back on it now and she reminds me of an older soccor mom.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

The lips and the hair.

Reply to