Inflated your tires lately? a petition

do something today! Your tires may last longer too.

Reply to
A Veteran

i keep my tires inflated properly... i use common sense, but to "stand with Barack" is not on the list of "to do" things...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Werd to yer mutha.

Reply to
Shag

Agreed.

I don't need some idiot politician telling me to inflate my tires.

The Paris Hilton energy plan is a stroke of genius compared to Obamas "plan" dejour.

Reply to
JeffDeWitt

No politician is telling you to inflate your tires, and of the things you should worry about a politician telling you, inflating tires is not very high on the list.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Watch the video linked to in the original post. You're making yourself look silly. :-)

Reply to
Shag

Hardly. He was making a point which makes the McCain campaign look like fools. Please tell me you aren't of the opinion that properly inflated tires don't improve gas mileage. Further to the point, he was saying that if everybody properly inflated their tires, the country as a whole would save more oil than they would manage to extract from McCain's offshore drilling plan. Now please explain where I look silly.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

I like 19psi up front and 24psi in the rear on p195s with bus rims. Screw the mileage.. they wear even for me that way and are quite comfortable over pot holes

Reply to
David Gravereaux

if you over inflate them you can get even better mileage.... but at a higher cost, safety... but if you really want to save enough oil to have bragging rights...........

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I don't think I'd get oil saving bragging rights driving a bug no matter what the tire inflation.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

Right where you said "No politician is telling you to inflate your tires" but in the video that's all that the politician you see there is saying to do. You're not too quick, are you? :-)

Reply to
Shag

Shag

You might if you drove this:

That guys lives up the street from me, btw.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

every little bit saved, adds up, yes? there are many more places on a classic vw to save then there is on the average modern car.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

He is not telling, he is suggesting. It's not like he is telling us that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and we should get into a long protracted war in order to bankrupt the country and send home our soldiers in body bags so his friends can get rich. You can of course tell the difference between "telling" and "suggesting" right?

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

sure, the difference is easy to spot... at this point you are really "telling" us your agenda, whereas before you were merely "suggesting" what it was...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

My only agenda is that I don't like lies. Is keeping your tires properly inflated going to save you gas? (as Obama suggested) Did Iraq have chemical, biological and nuclear weapons? (as we were told by the Bush gov.)

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

sure it will.... but you'll save more by keeping it properly tuned... but i digress

i don't know the answer to that any more than you do...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I agree. Anything you do that optimizes the performance (read as keeping within specifications) of the individual parts of the car will improve it's efficiency.

The answer is no, they didn't. In fact, the search for those weapons stopped in Jan 2005, and none have been found since. Further, Iraq had not developed their WMD program since the mid 90's.

Rev Turd Fredericks

i got confused by the "did Iraq have" part of the question.. as i said, i don't know any better than you do....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani