OT(ish): What a weekend

Afternoon chaps

It was my stag do yesterday, which included some interesting automotive related antics.

Firstly a good mate of mine has just bought a new Aston Martin Vantage soft top and he brought it down to kindly chauffer me around all day. Wow, what a machine. It's got it's little niggles and apparently doesn't drive as well as he expected, but what a good looking car and what a soundtrack. We put quite a few miles on it yesterday and everytime he put his foot down we had big smiles on our faces, it just sounds glorious. Cruising around with the roof down and the V8 bellowing round the countryside was a great experience, and I badly want one now!! Maybe in a few decades!

Secondly, our first activity of the day was to play on some rage buggies. If you haven't tried these before I strongly suggest you do, they're immense fun. Unfortunately they weren't the full on hardcore ones and so they lacked a bit in the power department and so got bogged down a bit too easily, but still a right laugh to throw about. The course was set up on a hill and was chalky/gravely surface which was ideal. Scandinavian flicks and plenty of sideways was the order of the day and I was getting pretty good at it by the time I finished :)

Needless to say the rest of the day/night/morning was a lot of fun, but I'm certainly suffering today!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

It would've been a waste if you weren't.

Reply to
Conor

But you didn't wake up anywhere near foreign wearing nothing but a pair of L-plates held on with Gaffer tape and two cans of shaving foam and strapped to a telegraph pole?

Reply to
Elder

There was talk of it, but fortunately not. There is another one before the wedding though!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Sounds excellent. A friend of mine announced his wedding the other day. I said we should do a TG banger challenge to Sicily (where his family is from). On the way there the groom and best man drive while the others try to beat them on pubic transport and vice-versa on the way home :)

Reply to
fishman