{OT} alternative to killing babies

Actually, without Bush there would be more funding for stem cell research.

Reply to
ToMh

This last simply doesn't make sense. Why are you connecting one to the other?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You did no such thing. You tried to dig yourself out of a hole, but you did not make a clear statement. If you're going to start these threads based on information from talk show hosts and cereal boxes, be prepared for grilling, and not just from me.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It is amazing how naive people can be regarding this subject. Anyone think for a minute that havesting stem cells is going to be anything other than killing off embryos which are picked and chosen for any a number of unsavory reasons. I won't elaborate, rather let your imaginations run wild.

Reply to
dbu,

Someone else here mentioned that stem cells can be gotten from placentas. Do you know what that means? Do you think it means placentas obtained during abortions, or could it also include placentas resulting from normal births?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

You got that right! ;-P

Anyone

So... an infertile couple who achieves a pregnancy via in vitro fertilization is "unsavory"?

Throwing out the extra Petri dish contents is better than using them for stem cell research?

Harvesting stem cells involves *only* embryos?

From this post of yours, all of the above can easily be inferred.

Cathy

I won't elaborate, rather let your

Reply to
Cathy F.

Are you sure you know everything about this subject?

Reply to
dbu,

But will they?

Reply to
dbu,

No. I do not know everything about this subject. But I get a huge sneaking supicion that I know more about it than you.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

could be? You are naively reading a lot into this.

Reply to
dbu,

Holy sh*t! Of course! What do you think - that all of those placentas from live births would be ignored, while only the relatively small number from abortions would be used? Oi vey.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

P.S. You know what? You appear to have a really dim (perhaps out & out dark), pessimistic view of people & their supposed motives.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You seem to be very naive and awe struck over stem cell research. Were you taken aback by the media hype and Ron Regan at the democrat convention last?

Reply to
dbu,

Now you're playing the game with Cathy. Stop slithering. Act like a man.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

sure about that?

Reply to
dbu,

Well....let's see. I wonder if there are more births than abortions. I wonder which placentas would be more valuable? Pick one:

- Placentas from a mother, also containing genetic material from a father who's lost in the wind somewhere.

- Placentas from a mother, also containing genetic material from a father who still there.

What do you think, considering your vast knowledge of the hopeful goals of all this research?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

She asked you if you think it is unsavory for an infertile couple to achieve pregnancy using in vitro fertilization. Pretend you're talking to a married couple who you consider to be close friends, who are about to use this method.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Let's put it this way: I consider my POV to be one of interest. When new scientific & medical advances are in the works - or seem imminent, sometimes they pan out, sometimes they don't, & sometimes they flounder for a while before blossoming. This looks promising.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Based on your posts (& there's nothing else I can base it on), yes.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

He ignored *all* of the inferences that I drew from that post.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.