OT And so it begins...

Reasoned Insanity

Not a big surprise. What do we expect? The statistics don't lie.

Reply to
Truckdude

Yep.

Great Britain .....46 New York City ...590

Tells you a little something, doesn't it?

Reply to
mack

Then since handguns have been banned in Chicago since 1982, why is there so much gun crime? Gun control doesn't work. I even heard a handgun out here the other day. No it wasn't a car backfiring, cars don't backfire 7 times in a row like that.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

When you say they banned handguns in Chicago, what does that mean, no ownership at all or you can't carry one in your trunk or what?

Reply to
dbu.,

"Truckdude" wrote in news:M4jVh.6079$0S1.971 @trnddc01:

Yes they do.

Once you take all the drug-gang killings out, there's not much left.

Lumping gang killings in with everything else is dishonest and misleading.

Reply to
Tegger

Nope, but you an make them say whatever you want them to say. Mexico has tougher guns laws then we ever dreamed of, yet lots more people are still being murdered. Just another example of antigun advocates being dishonest.

Reasoned Insanity

What's the rate for stabbings? Severe beatings?

I don't think the gun control is the reason for those numbers. Also, gun control laws will do a better job of keeping guns away from law abiding citizens like myself who enjoy target shooting then from the criminals.

Your average criminal/gang banger/etc can get whatever, legal or not. They can get crack, heroin, oxycontin and fully automatic weapons. If guns are banned, these people will still be able to get them. It's people like me who will be affected.

There are also just plain sick people out there. If Joe Blow is going to kill some people, he's going to kill some people. Gun, bat, knife or bomb he'll get it done. It makes no sense to blame the tool.

Reply to
DanKMTB

In message news:M4jVh.6079$0S1.971@trnddc01, Truckdude sprach forth the following:

Tell that to the mayor of Nagasaki. Or Carl Rowan. Or the next lieberal celeb caught with a gun in an airport or glove compartment.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

In message news:WZnVh.14238$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe19.lga, Reasoned Insanity sprach forth the following:

Well of course! All the honest law-abiding Mexicans are coming to America. Umm... illegally.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Good point. That student could have stabbed or beaten all those people just as easily. Got it.

Reply to
Truckdude

I guess we can assume you never owned one of those older carbureted Corollas? LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I wonder what all of those that want to take away one of our Constitutional rights, would be saying if the guy had killed all those people with a knife or a baseball bat?

Do a search of the states that have right to carry laws, like Texas and Florida and what happened to the crime rate there after the laws allowing the right to carry were passed. Try searching the statistics of how many homes, with an NRA sticker on the front door, are robbed compared to those that do not have an NRA sticker LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I wonder how many gang banger guns are stolen guns? NYC has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country and look at what happens there daily.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Number one thing a criminal with a gun doesnt' want and that is traceablity. No criminal worth his salt would go to a gun shop and purchase a gun legally, if they did they would file off the SN just as the kook in VA did.

Reply to
dbu.,

It's a little funny. My hometown recently decided to allow people the right to carry. Beforehand, everyone was predicting that we would become like an old cowtown with gunfights in the streets. Well, it's been something like 6 months and I have yet to see it.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Banning guns in one city will only keep lawful people from having guns. It has to be all or nothing.

Reply to
ToMh

Yup, plus other inner city probalrms such as poverty also play into, IMO, much more than gun control. Legalize drugs and put the gangs out of business. The crime rate will plummet just like when prohibition was repealed. The war on drugs is a joke and only empowers the gangs and drug cartels.

Reply to
ToMh

You can't compare to Mexico. They don't inforce their laws and most the police are corrupt.

Reply to
ToMh

Funny how that happens!

In Florida....you can fire at will if someone try's to break into your home. Guess what? Not too many home invasions.

Reply to
Scott in Florida