OT: Dixie Chicks: American Heros

Dixie Chicks win big at the Grammies, no doubt frustrating the filthy right-wingers who so hate the freedom of speech that the Chicks exercised when they criticized the dullard in chief, causing many filth-run radio stations to stop playing their music.

Reply to
dizzy

Ah yes. Clear Channel Communications, supporter of free speech, but not in their market areas.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I was thinking basically the same thing when I heard about their wins.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

NONE of the radio stations in the Tampa market play their crap.

Those were political awards.

Their music does not sell.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

What a loser you are, having to identify with some flash in the pan musical group.

Reply to
sharx35

Reply to
annecoultersadamsapple

Define "flash-in-the-pan". How long have they been around now? Longer than "flash-in-the-pan" status.

Cathy (not a particular Dixie Chicks fan, but this post was just so... ludicrous)

Reply to
Cathy F.

Reply to
annecoultersadamsapple

I don't know how many others call the local radio station when the " Chicks " are played, but I do.

Several others do too, I guess, I hardly ever hear them played anymore.

Free Speech cuts both ways.......

Reply to
Ed Norton

How true. I never heard of the dix chicks til they were critical of the president. That's the first I heard of this group. I guess they made their fame and fortune throwing darts at our president.

Reply to
dbu,.

They certainly deserved the prize but they haven't reached the plateau of Milli Vanilli who has set the standard for the talent required to win a grammie. Ron

Reply to
ronbon

So sayeth Scott. Except that they are the #1 selling country band in the nation. I suspect you're not only just mad because they spoke the truth about dumbass Georgie, but also about that mean song they did about that good ole conservative, God fearing boy, Earl!

Reply to
ToMh

As usual, Snott has absolutely NO clue.

"It's telling when country luminary Merle Haggard has an entry on Rolling Stone magazine's list of top protest songs. Country musicians and their fans tend to hail from conservative states with high enlistment rates. Then again, the toll of the war on the sons and daughters of these states has been acute." ==================

Maybe this will stop the old fart's pacemaker, for good:

JoeSpareBedroom

Trying to get them censored from radio, is "Free Speech cuts both ways"?

Considering they are #1 on the Billboard country charts. Seems you and the guys from the barber shop aren't having too much of an affect.

It must be politically incorrect for a Country band to criticize the president. Rock bands have been doing it since the Johnson administration. Nobody got their panties bunched up back then.

Reply to
ToMh

I don't see them on the Billboard country chart.

Please cite your source.

Scott in Florida

Their album released in 2006 which held the # 1 spot.

ToMh

Probably.

They get no air around here.

It should be interesting to see how many moon bats attend their new tour...

Must grate on moon bats having to buy Country (?) music by the Dixie Chic's to make a political statement.

Country music fans are not buying it...

Reply to
Scott in Florida

That is not true.

The moon bats bought a country (?) music album as a political protest.

Country fans are not buying the album...or listening to it on radio.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

It figures that a Dixie Chicks fan can't spell "heroes".

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

Sure, whatever you say. I can't stomach country music nowadays, so I wouldn't know what is being played. You can't listen to it on Clear channel stations because clear Channel banned them. But clear channel isn't about music, it's about control. I wouldn't listen to a clear channel station if it was the only station on the air, and that has nothing to do with the Dixie Chicks. The only good music radio stations are the few left that are locally controlled, with real DJ's that aren't affraid of current political correctness.

Reply to
ToMh