{OT} Goin' Fishin'

I couldn't agree more!

Hmmm, wouldn't that be akin to saying "safe to rob"

Reply to
Ray O

You either stand by your principles or you don't.

Reply to
witfal

That's *weird*, IMO. For starters, most of the people I know do not own a gun.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Like I said, and assuming one is anti-gun, you either stand by your principles or not.

Reply to
witfal

What, by announcing it to all & sundry passing by? Weird. Do I put signs up in front of my house stating my positions on all issues? I stand by my previous statement: weird.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Can't argue with that one!

Reply to
Ray O

I stand by my values, but... a sign on the front lawn?! Literally?

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

A lot of floating bogs. It's nice fishing for a small boat owner because you can always find a quiet bay. Fishing on Lake of the Woods or Leach is open water and can get pretty rough. Anyway, I have not fished in years. My tackle and poles are hanging on the wall, all my muskie lures are in a bucket in the basement and I sold my boat several years ago. I just lost interest for several reasons.

Very much illegal in these parts.

Reply to
dbu,.

Com'ere, Cathy. The purpose of my statement was to illustrate the absurdity of being anti-gun. You don't have to be pro-gun, just leave the law-abiding alone gun owner. That's all.

IF one is anti-gun, and is afraid to put a sign on their lawn stating their gun-free status, then they're hiding behind the fear that burglars have of armed homeowners. IOW, you benefit from those who own what you fear or abhor.

Source: Local law enforcement informed us that the worst fear of those who break into homes and businesses is to encounter an armed owner.

So again, you either stand by your principles or you don't.

Reply to
witfal

No, thanks.

Cathy

The purpose of my statement was to illustrate the

Reply to
Cathy F.

Hmmm, it should at least be worth a visit!

Reply to
Ray O

and people wonder why I don't go fishing...

Reply to
Hachiroku

LOL! Must watch a lot of Lifetime: "The Fishing Gun: The (MRS) Okigawa Story"

Reply to
Hachiroku

?

After we had our second child, my wife said, "I think we should get a gun."

We live in the middle of nowhere, but it was a developed 'community' with PLENTY of neighbors within shouting distance.

Good Idea, I told her. a 10 year old and a toddler in a home with a gun.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Not to mention telling every bad-guy in the county you can't protect yourself if they break into you home armed...

Reply to
Hachiroku

No, Ray, what it means is that if someone wants to rob your home, they have to leave any firearms at the door!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah! She's *MINE*! I saw her first! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Heh. Yep, tenacious, I'll say that for you. ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

It's not so bad if you stick to bass, walleye, and northern...

Reply to
Ray O