{OT} return to dark ages

The most senior judge in England yesterday gave his blessing to the use of sharia law to resolve disputes among Muslims.

Lord Chief Justice Lord Phillips said that Islamic legal principles could be employed to deal with family and marital arguments and to regulate finance.

He declared: 'Those entering into a contractual agreement can agree that the agreement shall be governed by a law other than English law.'

----------------------------

Religious law is on its way back, at least in England. I don't think we will have to worry about Iran getting a nuke and terrorizing the world anymore. In 30-40 years England and Europe will be ruled by Islamic fundamentalists and then we'll have much more to worry about.

Reply to
badgolferman

The judge's ruling allows that.

The ruling applies to parties who agreed to abide by Sharia law, not to others.

Now if only we could stop Christian fundamentalists from trying to impose their religious law onto the rest of us Americans, we'd not only have a better nation but also better Christians.

Reply to
sue_dbastard

what christian fundamentalist(s) are trying to impose their religious law onto us? I have not experienced this what you are referring to. Care to expand a little, please.

Reply to
dbu

All of them, dip.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

Any sect with a tradition of doing religious missionary work is, by definition, attempting to impose its beliefs on its audience. Some do it overseas, but some do it right here in this country.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Does that include al gore and his global warming revival church?

Reply to
dbu

Then al gore and his religion of global warming is included.

Reply to
dbu

Things have changed a lot in 300 years around here. What has changed in the Islamic world? They're still stuck in the 16th century. Your hatred of pre-Reformation Christianity has blinded you to what is going on currently in the world that hasn't changed whatsoever from the fundamentalist extremism of decapitation.

Reply to
badgolferman

Not to mention the whacko that McSame went after for an endorsement who is dead set on getting Jews all bunched up in israel so they can be sacrificed for the 'coming of days'.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

I am a United Methodist which is a Protestant. I probably know way more Protestants than you do, including other denominations. Other than some contempt for the Pope and worshipping of Mary instead of Jesus by Catholics there is no talk or movement about killing them. Once again you are making things up to prove your point larrymoe jr.

Reply to
badgolferman