OT Rice Cooker

IMO, the NYC subway is not the easiest one to navigate. I basically have the hang of it now, but it took a while...

Cathy

Oh Hell, even with a

Reply to
Cathy F.

Ray, I don't think you'll find any product with 100 percent deet. The most I've found locally is Ultrathon containing 25 percent deet, it is a

3M product. The other is Deep Woods Off, which contains 25 percet deet, then I also found a new one called Buggspray, another with 25 percent deet, they claim that it also contains two additional fly repellents. Web site:

I hate the deer flys most and they seem to hover around me even though I have deet all over even on my cap.

Good luck

Reply to
dbu,.

The stuff I buy is like 97% or 98% deet, marketed as 100% deet. Most of the time it is in pump bottles, I think Ben's is one of the brands, and Off sells some in aerosol cans. You have to look at places like REI to find it and it's pretty pricey but it lasts for most of the day.

Reply to
Ray O

In some asian countries they sell electric mosquito killers. Its not for outdoor though and it's used when you go to bed and dont want that greasy feeling. But if your sleeping in a hotel chances are there are no mosquitoes. They are use on beach houses with no A/C and you just want to get that ocean breeze.

Here's an example.

EdV

The Japanese seem to be crowded into cities. The countryside appears quite live able. I was not there long enough to really get a feel for the whole country.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Yes, that's what I gather too, from what little I know about it. OTOH, lots of mountainous regions, so most the of the pop. situated along the coastlines, even if not in urban environments.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

This morning it was 123 and yesterday was 119 about the same time taken. I made a baloney sandwich and made popcorn with butter about two hours before bed. So, I pretty happy with the results.

Mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

So your doctor wants you to monitor your glucose?. That sounds like a good idea.

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Yes, just once every morning before consuming anything but water. It's a little bit of a hassle because I like cream in my coffee. I've been monitoring the pool water also. Knock on wood the pool is doing remarkably well this year. How's yours doing? Getting a lot of use out of it?

Mark_

Reply to
mark digital©

Do you wake up with numb wrists/hands? I just saw on 22 that morning "carpal tunnel" can also be an indication...

I get it occasionally after playing a long gig or working on a car...

Reply to
Hachiroku

My pool is doing great. I'm doing it the old fashioned way, though. I may try your way at some time in the future.

I'm into my second summer without air conditioning! The pool helps!

Ceiling fans and living on the water with breezes most of the time helps.

Reply to
Scott in Florida