{OT} Sueing Starbucks..

Stop me if you heard this...

Some Moron is sueing Starbucks for $114M...

Did he spill Hot Coffee...NO!

Did he slip in a store...NO!

Did he get greviously injured in some way...NO!

He went to cash in a coupon for a free Iced Coffe and was told it was no good anymore!!!!

If he gets ANY more than $0.014, OR a Free Ice Coffee, then any jury that awards the fool damages needs to be imprisoned!!!!

Just MHO... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Your starbucks cup will go up a quarter if he wins. Cream and sugar extra. Another case for tort reform. We need this badly but if the dimmies win in Nov you can kiss it goodby because they are mostly lawyers and they protect each other, it's all about keeping their standard of living.

Reply to
"..dbu',

I think they should award the fellow ten times the damages he is claiming. Starbucks is so overpriced for the product you receive that it's far worse than anything the liberals can claim about oil companies. Starbucks reminds me of state lotteries. Lotteries prey on the poor to finance themselves. Starbucks prey on the spiritually and emotionally poor to finance themselves.

Reply to
badgolferman

You'd better get used to it then, because the Democrats will win in November, big time. Oh, and if you can afford Starbucks for your slurp of coffee, there's nothing wrong with your standard of living. Seems to me there are more than a few Republican lawyers who delight in suing, not for any reason beyond raking in some more megabucks for themselves.

Reply to
mack

Damn Badgolferman, I didn't know you were a Teddycrat!

Reply to
Mr.E

There are a lot of things you don't know about me! I don't fit into any particular category. I'm a completely open-minded individual unencumbered by any political idealism.

Reply to
badgolferman

I'm not talking about MY standard of living, mine is well below lawyers.

You might be right about Nov. We'll wait and see.....

If the dimmies win then it will be fun because they will become the focus of attention. America will be introduced to increased taxes, you included, LOL. I'm too poor to pay more so I'm not worried. I'll be waiting for some bennies from the dimmies.

Reply to
"..dbu',

This is a class action lawsuit against Starbucks.

Starbuck sues people and companies all the time, this is just part of the chaos.

Reply to
toyomoho

That's even WORSE!!!

THAT means, the PEOPLE joining the Class-Action suit will get a coupon for a Free Coffee, and the LAWYERS will get about $10M each...

Screw that!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Um, what part of 'failure to honor advertised offer' did I miss?

Are you suggesting that any company that advertises an offer as 'good through xyz date' (without limitation) should be able to cancel it without a penalty? How would you feel if your local Toyota dealer advertised say, free oil changes for the duration of your ownership of a new car and then after you'd bought the car decided they didn't want to honor the offer, and didn't offer you any compensation in return? Would you be the moron then?

Reply to
Travis Jordan

You missed the part about the coupon offer being sent out to employees to be shared with friends and family - not to be spread indiscriminately across the internet. Once it went beyond the intended recipients, it was out of the control of Strabucks and the company was not only right to fail to honor it, they had a legal obligation to the stockholders and employees to do so. Yes, it was not a well thought out campaign - and yes, they are suffering a public relations disaster - but for the people who were not able to collect on something they were not entitled too - tough stuff!

Jack G.

Reply to
Jack G

Idiot. Nothing they sell is overpriced. It is priced according to the market. Starbucks is not a cartel in control of all coffee.

Don't you tire of showing us all what a dullard you are? What a shock you're a Bush supporter.

Reply to
dizzy

Many people waste a LOT of money on overpriced bullshit like specialty coffees and bottled water.

Reply to
sharx35

Might point the finger at the judicial system. Yes, as you state, even when customers really get screwed, they may only get a coupon to buy more of the same product at a discount price. The lawyers get real money, not coupons. The company makes out, because many of the customers will not cash in their coupon. Everyone wins, but the customer.

Reply to
toyomoho

I wouldn't sue them for $MMMMM dollars!

Trouble with this society...if we feel we are 'entitled' to something and don't get it...well, I'll show THEM!!!

And, as I said, since it is a Class Action suit, the guy will get his free coffee and the Lawyers will rake in the $MMMMM

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yep. My sister worked at one of the longest-running water plants in Illinois, and they have to test their water a whole lot more than the bottled stuff does. When it leaves the plant, it makes bottled water look like mud.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Some bottled water is simply tap water with a label slapped on.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Yes, but it does not have to be TESTED like tap water does.

And why would you pay $1-2 a bottle for TAP water? I won't pay that for French water. The French? PTUI!

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

The only thing that the French ever got right was oral sex.

Reply to
sharx35

And French bread, and Petzel (a French company) makes excellent climbing and vertical rescue equipment ;-)

Reply to
Ray O