OT: Top democrat wants to send even more troops

They all look like "hell" after six years in that job.

Reply to
dbu,

Yeah. Operating the government as a never-ending series of budget battles. That'll work.

If you don't believe the stuff you're writing, you've become a bad caricature of your former self. If you DO believe the stuff you're writing, you're not as bright as I thought. Admittedly, I didn't think you were particularly bright but I did think you had a 3-digit IQ.

Reply to
dh

Two flaws in your reply

  1. a. The Democrats have not taken office as the majority and won't until Jan. b. The Democrats won't leave the troops without financial support.

  1. While the Congress has control over money matters, the Conduct of the war was, is, and will be the responsibility of the President as Commander-in-Chief. That would be George W. Bush presently.

Reply to
tak

Good analogy!

Reply to
Truckdude

You dims have control.....you even blocked a great UN representative.

Dims left the troops without support in Viet Nam....why not now?

Reply to
Scott in Florida

I would hope GWB won't cut and run as the dimmies want, except for their incomming majority leader who wants to increase the troop level.

Reply to
dbu,

You can't do a damned thing without money.

Congress has the credit card.

Congress has total control!

Dims have control.

You won the power...

Stop weaving and ducking and act like grown people .... I know it is HARD for dims to do a damned thing positive...lol

Reply to
Scott in Florida

They don't understand while the president has veto power he has no power to make laws and the budget is a law which must be passed by congress. My these dimmies don't get it.

Reply to
dbu,

Please explain why you Dims don't have control.....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You sound like a record player stuck in a groove--you fail to answer what "The greatest President" (your characterization) should do next, as Commander-in-Chief, to win this war. He has clearly demonstrated losing strategies, we are waiting for him show some hint of adaptability rather that continuing with a plan that has not worked and, according to the Baker-Hamilton Commission, isn't going to work.

Reply to
tak

The Surrender Commission?

I suspect GWB will do what he feels is right. He always has.

My point is .... you dims bitched and bitched and bitched without ANY plan.

Now you have control of the situation.

You won't do a f*ing thing.

I shall point it all out for you....

Pay attention!

Reply to
Scott in Florida

You can BANK on me pointing it out....LOL

Reply to
Scott in Florida

Getting serious here for a minute, if that is possible. Being President of the US indeed seems to take a toll on the man in office. Every one turns greyer by the month till they leave office. I thought I was always under great pressure running my business with around 500 employees, imagine the emotional stress a President must have 24 hours a day.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

I thought Clinton seemed to age less than most. RR didn't physically change all that much, I thought, but he started out fairly old for the office. Ditto for Ike.

They mostly go into office at a time when they're really going to start showing their age, anyway. I know I'm doing so.

Reply to
dh

Too late, Dubya beat 'em to it.

Reply to
solarsell

Did you attack the wrong country, squander hundreds of billions of dollars and kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

Reply to
solarsell

Clearly you aren't.

Reply to
solarsell

Did they really think so? Back in 2002-2003, did you think so? Why?

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

As he did with hurricaine Katrina?

I guess it depends on how you define "right".

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly