Rav4 Stability Control Vs Active AWD

Hi,

What's the difference between stability control and active AWD on the current model Rav4?

Regards,

Han.

Reply to
han_chung

The stability control affects engine power during cornering only. The AWD will adjust torque to each wheel when the tires traction limit has been reached even during acceleration. At least, that's how I understand it in simplistic terms.

Reply to
Viperkiller

You're right, Viper. Stability control can individualy brake wheels to keep the vehicle on what the computer determines is the path the driver means to be on. In other words, it will try to keep the vehicle from over or under steering. Active AWD controls individual brakes to mimic limited-slip differential systems and keep the torque going to the wheels with the most traction.

Reply to
qslim

Thanks for the confirmation. I didn't realize that active AWD controls the brakes as well. Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Reply to
Viperkiller