Toyota Reports Best Quarter Ever

Toyota's 1Q Profit Jumps 32 Percent to Record for a Quarter, Lifted by Weak Yen, Strong Sales

dbu.,

snip.. Surging gas prices have proved a big plus for Toyota as drivers flock to its fuel-efficient models, including the Camry, the best-selling model in the U.S., and the Prius gas-electric hybrid.Surging gas prices have proved a big plus for Toyota as drivers flock to its fuel- efficient models, including the Camry, the best-selling model in the U.S., and the Prius gas-electric hybrid.

What?! pe> Toyota's 1Q Profit Jumps 32 Percent to Record for a Quarter, Lifted by

Reply to
EdV

I have a friend who has a 2006 Camry and he has not had one speck of trouble.

Reply to
dbu.,

That's right, well 2007 was the screwup and not the past, well they say never buy a car on its first year. I trusted too much on the Toyota reliability and quality when I bought the car early last year and didn't listen to other people. But its been more than a year and I still read many 07 transmission complaints from other groups. Don't get me wrong, I wish them well and want them to make good, so they'll have some budget to pay for the defective 07 transmissions out there.

Reply to
EdV

What sort of trouble? Has there been any recalls or SB?

Reply to
dbu.,

" dbu.," ...

I never wanted a Camry, but mostly because I think the styling is very blah, and the damned things are so ubiquitous.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

They released a TSB (for both V6 and I4) but no effect, and they wont recall the car because as per toyota, the car drives as it was designed to do.

Reply to
EdV

What transmission problems? A friend has had Camrys for years (the last...

20?), as has her husband, & now both of their grown kids. No probs. Which is why they keep buying them.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Yep, the cars today are as effcient as a tiled hospital wall and look it.

I keep thinking back how beautiful those 1950's cars were, with the wings and all that chrome. They were a classic, an art statement. Someone who is good at oil painting should begin a project to paint them. In different settings, like the Grand Canyon or perhaps all the national parks.

Reply to
dbu.,

" dbu.," ...

That reminds me of a scene from the film "My Favorite Year" which was set in

1954. He said you could tell the *make* of the car, just by the design. Can't do that now.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I had a 1993 Camry and there was never trouble with the transmission.

Reply to
Go Mavs

You can for the hummer. And for a while, ford and their mercury sisters had a pretty distinct design.

You might be able to for jaguar, volvo and saab still.

Years ago, Car and Driver called a car the "camcord", which is because the camry and accord where so bland and similar. But they both worked well.

One reason why cars are so similar, there are more players than in the

70s and 80s.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Also aerodynamics dictates some to the design.

Reply to
dbu.,

But they're the exception, rather than the rule. Also foreign.

LOL yeah, I'd have to agree. Both are pretty bland.

Um... that's what I meant. We have way more models of the same makes.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

They're owned by either GM or Ford. Ditto Hummer.

But they work great!

Ford, Mercury and Lincoln have fewer car models than they did 10 or 15 years ago. I don't know if you add in SUVs and trucks, whether this is true or not.

I think this is true for the GM and Chrysler (no longer DiamlerChrysler

- the companies officially went their own way today!) brands. I know it is true for Oldsmobile and Plymouth. ;-)

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

You have the Camry confused with a Crapsler minivan.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that Toyota did issue a recall for a tranny problem.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit