toyota tercell 4wd wagon best aftermarket starter motor? Two from autozone dead

1986 toyotaa 4wd wagon. Replaced starter motor with one from Autozone. 4 months later it died. Replaced again from Autozone. Again died four months later. Brand is Duralast. What is the best brand out there? I can get Vision, Raylock, and Ultima. Thankyou. Vinnie
Reply to
Vinnie M.

Are you getting new or rebuilt? They have one with a lifetime warranty, so you're only out the labor it takes to replace it.

Of the brands you listed, Duralast is the only one that I recognize.

"Vinnie M." wrote in message news:b1119$53d00a68$41b57997$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

If your time is worth anything, buy the replacement starter from Toyota. It's around $260 but it's likely to last a lot longer than a "lifetime warranty" after-market starter.

Reply to
sms