04 Solara Transponder Programming

Could someone please post the instructions on how to program the transponder key for 2004 Toyota Solara SE. Previous postings in this
group list steps either for Camry's or the older Solaras. Thank you.
You ust saved $45
Keyless Entry Remote Transmitter Activation Procedure
Use this procedure only for the vehicle or vehicles that it was purchased for.
2000 - 2002 Camry/Solara
1. Start with the following conditions:
a. Key Is out of the ignition.
b. Driver door is open (all other doors are closed).
c. Driver door is unlocked (other door locks don't matter).
2. Insert the key into the ignition (don't turn it) and pull it out.
3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock. A
lock/unlock cycle consists of pressing the power lock switch, followed by pressing the power unlock switch on the driver's door panel. Use an even pace and try to go relatively fast.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Using the power lock/unlock switch on the driver's door, perform 5 lock/unlock cycles starting with lock (just as
you did previously).
b. Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to OFF.
c. Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking your engine), then back to OFF.
d. Remove the key from the Ignition.
5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) automatically Indicating successful entry into
programming mode. Return to Step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.
6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds:
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1 second.
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, hit the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should cycle (lock then unlock) once indicating successful programming. If the
door locks don't cycle, or cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b - this remote has not been accepted.
c. Repeat steps 6a and 6b for each transmitter that will operate the vehicle, including any old transmitters.
7. Close driver door.
No liabilities for any use of the programming instructions are assumed whatsoever for any cost, claims or damages filed for or caused by correct or incorrect use of the information provided for programming. We cannot be and are not responsible for any type of damage, intentional or otherwise, caused by the use of the instructions. We are not responsible for any type of harm, whether physical or otherwise, due to correct or incorrect use of procedures or techniques provided for programming.
snipped-for-privacy@iname.com wrote:

Skewe, Thanks for your posting...You actually answered the wrong question...I was asking about programming the key transponder, not the remote control. If you have the transponder programming instructions for 04 Solara, please post them here. So far, I've unsuccessfully tried two sets of instructions: one using ignition and driver side door, the other using gas and brake pedals.
snipped-for-privacy@iname.com wrote:

the
Yes, but you saved $45!!
I don't think YOU can reprogram the car to a new transponder key.
To make a VERY long story short, I ended up paying the dealer $150 for a spare key for my 04 camry. I think it requires a physical electrical connection to the ECU and s secret process the dealers won't talk about. Working in a hardware store that makes auto transponder keys, I know that late model Toyota keys is one that they don't touch. Toyota has gone crazy on this subject.