2004 Avalon XLS WITHOUT rain sensitive wipers?

In order to be completely covered by the Toyota warranty when I travel I have been negotiating with a Southeast Toyota dealer to deliver an Avalon XLS with no distributor/dealer-installed after-market accessories and none of that TOYO undercoating, i.e with only Toyota factory installed leather seats (as part of the luxury package). While I was away today he called my wife and said he could deliver the car with only factory-installed equipment but it won't have rain-sensitive wipers. According to the Toyota website the rain-sensitive wipers are standard equipment on the XLS. Any ideas about what might be going on here?

Reply to
FLEX_BOY

I bought my 2001 Avalon the same way..... no Southeast Distributor garbage and with Toyota leather. Took a while to get it. It came with all normal XLS stuff at the time.

travel

rain-sensitive

Reply to
Art Begun

I checked again and it is the Toyota dealer's web site that states it is standard equipment on XLS. However, Toyota.com website states it's an option on the XLS. Most reviews give the impression it is standard equipment.

Reply to
FLEX_BOY