2004 Ford F150 Transponder keys

I heard last week that now the 2004 Ford F150 is being delivered with only one transponder key, and if you want more keys you have to let the dealer make them as it apparently also takes an electrical connection (like the 2004 camry). I can only imagine what the dealers are charging for these keys that wholesale for less than $9 each. It's another big consumer rip-off as very few vehicles are ever stolen with a key!

Reply to
Sparkey

Don't know what they are charging to make the keys when vehicle is being prepped for delivery but, if you lose a key and have to get one made it takes a special computer program and they charge out the wazoo for making it. The last time we had to get some extras made it was appx $25-$35 when we had an original key and appx $100-$125 when we didn't have a key, plus truck had to be towed to dealer. Just my 2¢ worth, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

Thats a lot more than 2 cents. Cost me $65 cdn for a replacement with the original on hand. Would shudder at the cost of it without. Must be a big profit centre for these rippers.

Reply to
Artfulcodger