2005 Camry -- Know anything about an airbag problem?

Hello. I have a 2005 Camry XLE V6 with all options. I was hit (100% other guys fault) in the driver's side front at a 90 degree angle. Speeds were about 20 mph. Neither airbag went off. Is this normal? My head whacked the side window hard (still hurts), and I can't help but wonder why the side curtain airbag didn't deploy. Any thoughts?

Also, this is the first wreck of my life. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to not get screwed by the other guy's insurance company? I just want to make sure I don't get a bad or incomplete repair job. What areas have you seen need special attention, if any?

Appreciate your time.

Reply to
bobbob

I think it takes a direct hit in the door to set it off.

Reply to
BigJim

The 2007 Camrys were having recalls because side air bags may not inflate properly. Don't tell me it goes all the way back to 2005.

The only explanation is that the impact force was still below the activation threshold. Your manual should say a few words about the side curtain air bags and the conditions under which it will deploy. The only other explanation is that the air bags suck.

Do talk to your friends and consult with lawyers to make sure your rights are protected. Who knows, it may be an equipment defect that allowed your head to be whacked.

Reply to
johngdole