2005 rattles & Squeaks

I have finally located all the rattles & squeaks coming from my 8k mi 2005 Camry LE. Sad to say it will be off the dealer to let them trouble shoot this rattle trap. I like everything else about the car, but these rattles & squeaks are giving me a bad impression of this 3rd Toyota I have owned. If they can't fix them, I am going to give Honda a good look next time. My Wife's 05 Element is quieter than my Camry with all it's rattles, buzzes & squeaks, although the Camry rides better, which it should.

1) The shifter rattles like all it's parts are loose inside over mild bumps and especially when cold. I can dampen the noise by putting my hand on the shifter and thumb on the OD switch. Bad design.

2) The sunroof has a nasty buzzing rattle over mild bumps open or closed. I can't locate the loose part, it must be something internal, but very irritating. Started after about 1k mi. (Must be buying these from GM?)

3) The driver window creaks when the temp is below freezing, cleaning doesn't make a difference.

All in all not what I expected from a car noted for it's quality design and quiet interior. Wondering if anyone else has had these same noise problems and if the dealer was able to fix them.

Oh yeah, and the driver's seat is starting to rock when taking off from a stop. This happened on my 2001 and Toyota replaced the seat brackets. You would think they would have been able to fix the design on this by now??

So far 4 warranty issues.

Reb

Reply to
Roadrunner

I also have an '05 LE but have some 30,000 km on it. No squeeks, rattles, or extraneous noises of any kind. Only bit of unusual noise comes from the engine (4 cyl) when it's cold and the ambient temperature is less than - 10 C.

So far I'm happy with the car -- as I am with my wife's '95 that has some 250,000 km.

Good luck with yours!

Fotofreak

Reply to
Fotofreak

Quite the terrible fate has befallen you. I hope you will be able to pull through.

Reply to
qslim

After my old Volvo died, all the camry is noted for here is that it goes... and uses less fuel.

Reply to
jg

Sounds like my 2001 Avalon. My wife has a 2005 Accord hybrid now and I have a 2006 Odyssey. Just a few thousand miles on each but so far no rattles, clicks or crooked dashboards like the 2001 Avalon had.

Reply to
Art

The Avalon has always had its problems. The new ones are better but still not quite up to it.

today has an article about "Avalon shows dent in Toyota quality [subscribe]".

As far as I see it, if you're ready to buy an Avalon you might as well get an entry level Lexus. All the good workers were transferred to the Lexus division long ago and you'll be drving a Lexus instead of a Toyota.

Now, the 2007 Camry isn't free from problems either. NHTSA is getting reports that the transmission skips gears! That's why we should wait and see about a brand new transmission with 20% of its parts thrown out. "For performance", they said. Yeah right: you don't have to wait for gear changes, it skips them.

Reply to
johngdole