91 Camry 4 cyl

I have a starting problem and repalced the battery and still have intermittent probm Not even a click. Alternator works, starter good, cables all good. I suspect the interlock switch that prevents starting in drive gear. Please tell me specifically where this switch is located. Is it easily accessible to replace? Thank yopu, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
sligo

... lacking other replies... on the next generation, the starter interlock switch over ride is under a plastic button up and to the left of the shift lever in the console you pry out the button with a screw driver and then press down on the interlock switch beneath - as described in the owner's manual that might be a place to start (no pun intended) If it is the interlock - you might try moving the shift lever back and forth to see if it makes any difference, starting in Neutral, and checking the brake switch for adjustment above the pedal arm and brake lights - also a part of the interlock circuit.

Reply to
Daniel

Reply to
sligo