91 distributor cap gasket

I had my cap and wires replaced and am experiencing problems after it rains. Ive learned there is a gasket that must be instaled inbetween the cap and distributor that I think the mechanic may have forgot to instal. Is this gasket visible just looking at the distributor, I can not see one.

Reply to
m Ransley

There is a O-ring seal between dist cap and dist. It may of been hard and fallen off during cap replacement or from previous removal of cap. The O-ring may not be visible when cap is installed, there is channel on the dist where it seats. Was the rotor changed out also? Its a good ideal to change out the rotor as part of the dist cap replacement.

Reply to
jjjsan

I just replaced my 1995 cap/rotor/o-ring at 140k and the thin rubber gasket between the distributor and the cap was still flexible and seemed fine, so I re-used it.

Reply to
camry-keeper