95 Camry stalling

Help, I have a 95 Camry that stalled the other day and i can't find the problem. I found it was time for a tune up so new plugs, wires, cap and button. I also added a new fuel filter. I thought all ways well she started up with no problem runs smooth, I drove about 2 miles and the trouble came back. Waited about 5 minutes the car started back up and drove about a half mile and did it again. Any techniges to trouble shoot this will help. I truly think its in the distibutor and coil. Anyone else have this problem?

Reply to
twinsberry

Under what condition is the engine stalling; idle, deceleration, cruising? Warmed up, cold? And list the engine you have.

Reply to
qslim

See if you get spark when it dies, a dirty coil can do this.

Reply to
m Ransley

Since you have replaced quite few things,..I'd try listing to see if you can hear the petrol-pump working next time the car stops. Before hand acquaint your self with its sound by listening close to the tank. Most cars can be heard without trouble. Its a high pitched whing sound. It maybe stopping intermittantly.

The other thing is the ignition. The easiest way is it hook-up a timing light with either the transducer which clips around ignition lead 1or the older direct connection type which is clipped onto the spark-plug top with the lead also connecting to the spring shaped connector. This way you can test to see if ignition is absent, In this case, the timing light will fail to trigger the strobe-light in the timing-gun when the trigger is operated.

Jason

Reply to
Jason James