Best Rated threads in Toyota Camryshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2003 Camry 4 cyl block heater install
I recently installed a block heater in my 03 Camry XLE auto trans 2.4L 4 Cyl. The instructions included with the block heater did not specify the location of the hole the heater went into so I thought...
2
2

Mysterious Coolant Leak Location -- V6 Camry
A couple of weeks ago I replaced the heater and radiator hoses on my '94 Camry V6. A few days ago I noticed some drops of coolant on the garage floor. At first I assumed I must not have gotten one of...
5
5

1999 Camry crankshaft pulley bolt
Is it 19mm or 20mm? Can't find the specs anywhere...
21
21

Drivers seat reclined all the way, won't stay up!
My 2000 Toyota Solara (Camry) has a fully reclined driver's seat, that won't stay up. When I took off the cover at the bottom, I saw that there is a reclining motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've had the car for...
4
4

Check Engine Light P0402/P1411
I have a 2000 XLE V6 Camry. Last week, the Check Engine Light turns ON. My OBD II scanner retrieves the following two error codes - P0402 (EGR Flow Excessive Detected) & P1411 (EGR Valve Position...
4
4

Timing Belt Roar 1998 Camry 4 cylinder
I just changed the timing belt and water pump on a 1998 Camry, 4 cylinder. Preventative maintainence. I used the spring to adjust the belt tension, per the service manual. I checked the spring with a...
5
5

98 Camry Overheating
I have a 98 Toyota Camary that started overheating a few months ago. When it first started overheating I was about four hours home and I drove the whole way and it never actually overheated the gauge...
5
5

90 Camry Slow Battery Drain
My 1990 Toyota Camrey LE with just 70,000 miles on it and in excellent condition won't start when not driven for 7 to 10 days. Battery and altenator check o.k. Toyota mechanics have not been able to...
7
7

How to remove EGR valve?
I'm trying to remove my EGR valve for cleaning ('96 camry, 141k miles, 4-cyl). There's one nut connecting the exhaust pipe to the EGR valve, that I absolutely cannot get off. I tried a plumbers'...
15
15

Troubleshooting a rebuilt A140E Transmission
The original problem with my 1997 Camry transmission was it stopped driving forward completely. Reverse was no problem. I first thought valve body or shift sensor. I gave the valve body a good...
12
12

How to bypass Lamp Failure Sensor
My girlfriend recently bought a 1984 Toyota Camry with 48,000 miles. GOLD!!! The rear brake lights did not work. The seller told us that the Lamp Failure Sensor was broken. I called Toyota and the...

'90 Camry no reverse or neutral
Hi, I have a 90 Camry with 200,000+ miles, runs fine but: tranmission started dragging recently, whirring before coming fully engaged at start. The other day went to back up and there was no reverse,...
6
6

water pump issue in Camry 2000 LE
When my wife drove that car it suddenly stopped working by exuding yellow water (I guess it was coolant). Towed to dealer and dealer said the water pump was broken and also damaged the timing belt. In...
6
6

Radio antenna in a '99 Camry?
I have been wondering whether there are two separate antennas in the Camry, one for AM and one for FM. I have problems with AM reception when the car goes over a bump but no such problem in FM. It...
2
2

2005 Camry LE Remote Lock/Unlock Horn
I like the horn to honk whenever I lock or unlock with my remote. Do anyone knows how to program it. TP0908
2
2

'99 Camry Stereo Radio
I recently bought an used '99 Camry and overall I'm happy with the car. However, the radio is a bummer. It works well but when I hit a bump or similar, the signal breaks up and it is almost impossible...
9
9

Windows Fogging Up on my '94 Camry
Hi, I have a problem with my 1994 Camry. The windows fog up during cold weather and when it rains. The defroster and the heater does not clear it up. It got so bad in very cold temperature, that I had...
18
18

1999 Transmission/Differential Failure - EXPENSIVE
This is my first post, caused by a problem. We have a '99 Camry with about 96,000 miles. Until recently the car's service had been spotless since purchase. Not a single repair since it left the...
8
8

JBL Sound - too much bass
Is there any way to turn down the woofer on the JBL sound system? For some stations or some music the very low bass is just too much. Turning down the tone control bass doesn't seem to affect the...
2
2

94 Camry 4 cylinder O/D off blinks
Hi, I have 1994 4 cylinder Toyota camry and in the past week, the O/D off light has been blinking twice. When this happens, the speedometer behaves erratically as well, stays at 0 and then immediately...
1
1