Can't start 91 camry after dry tank

I ran my 1991 camry gas tank dry to patch a hole in the gas tank so it wouldn't spill all over and now it won't start again. I just have no ideas whatsoever...yes i did put more gas in.

Reply to
lettie

You probably COOKED the electric fuel pump if your car is FUEL INJECTED. You can't run cars til they stop from lack of fuel as in the old days. Big $$$$.

If NON FUEL INJECTED, you will have to PRIME the carburetor with a little gas ( tablespoon down the opening ) or a quick 1 or 2 second spritz of ether or starting fluid.

Reply to
Zing

When trying to start it it will occasionally turn over for about a second then dies again. Other than that it sounds like a car trying to start in winter. Just winding over and over.

Reply to
lettie

I thought with just the key turned on it would pressurize the system --- can you hear the pump (in the gas tank) run then? I'd try turning it on for bit and then off and back on for couple times. Yup ya might have fried the pump.

Reply to
Wolfgang