Anybody has a broken stock radio for Camry '99?

My girlfriend has a Camry 1999 LE, and the push-buttons on her stock stereo unit have popped out and been lost. I have been unable to get replacements from either dealers or car radio shops.

Does anybody have a broken-down or non-functioning stock radio for this car or similar? I'd like to purchase it to get the push-buttons...

Thanks!

Euro05

Reply to
euro05

Try ebay --- the balance button had cracked on mine --- the dealer had it in stock for $4. Bet they can order them.

Reply to
Wolfgang

What is the model number on the front? I have one out of a 00 LE model number 16814. The unit does not work but the face plate is in good shape. $10.00 + shipping. Robert

Reply to
Robert

Fantastic! I'll have her check the model number on her '99 face plate and will get back to you.

Thanks for responding!

Euro05

Reply to
euro05

We checked the model number on the

1999 radio, and unfortunately it is not the same. The model number for your 00 LE model is 16814, but the '99 LE radio model is #16810. We also checked the faceplates, and unfortunately it (and the buttons) are not the same, darn it!

Thanks anyway for responding!

If anybody out there has a broken radio model #16810, please contact me! I need those push-buttons...

Euro05

Reply to
euro05

Go to a dealer who doesn't have a brain dead parts department. You have the number you need from the front of the unit. BTDT, with the wife's '93. Same problem, simple solution.

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Hello MisterSkippy,

Thanks for responding... Your dealer must be unique, because I have called several dealers in this area, and they all told me the same thing; push- buttons for the radio cannot be ordered/purchased. They all said my only choice was to buy a new stereo unit (at $450 plus.)

If you know a dealer that will get me those push-buttons, please let me know! I'll be glad to order from them on the phone and pay the shipping...

Thanks again,

Euro05

Reply to
euro05

Prestige Toyota in Ramsey, New Jersey, 201-825-2700. I walked into Parts, gave them the tiny number on the front of the radio, paid up front, then picked them up about a week later. I don't know if they do mail order. The knobs in question were those little ones on the lower right of the radio. For the AM/FM/Cassette in the 1993 Camry they are called "86128-28160 KNOB RSDIO RECEIV" Cost was $3.44 each on 02/15/03 HTH FWIW

Reply to
MisterSkippy

Hello again Mr. Skippy,

This may be the reason for the discrep: What I am looking for are the "preset" push-buttons aligned in a row in the lower area of the face...they are labeled 1 thru 5. The ones you describe are to the right... It doesn't look like they are the same!

I will call your dealer anyway, just in case.

Thanks for the explanations!

Euro05

Reply to
euro05

Called Prestige Toyota today... the push-buttons cannot be ordered, as other dealers had said. They said the only thing to do is to get a new unit; cost: $2000. (Other dealers priced the new unit at about $450, btw)

So, back to my original request: Does anybody out there have a broken radio model 16810 from a 99 Camry LE? I'd like to buy it to get the push-buttons!

Thanks,

Euro05

Reply to
euro05

You can try the "Want It Now" on eBay, you can post a request and if anyone has it they can respond. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92

As I sit here and read the invoice and the words, "Special Ordered", I wonder why my parts could be ordered and yours could not.

Reply to
MisterSkippy