car periodic shaking on one side

Hi,

Last night my 99 camry started shaking during driving. It's like a periodic fashion and seems like the left side is periodically up and down. Could anyone give some suggestions ( when parking last time my front tires slightly hit the curb, would this cause some loose parts somewhere?)

Thanks a lot!

Regards, Zhi

Reply to
zhi

This COULD be caused by the inner CV joint on the LHS being worn. You can check it by grasping it and trying to move it up & down. If it moves much at all, it needs replacing.

Reply to
Phill

You are saying it shakes for a few seconds and then doesn't for a few seconds? Or does it shake the same all the way down the street? Slight bump on the curb probably won't hurt anything. Is the wheel rim damaged?

Does the shaking increase with speed? Or during hard acceleration? Bad tire or weak strut can be among the many causes.

zhi wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

My camry had a similar issue for a few months. I took it to a repair shop and they told me that the rim was damaged. Thankfully, Camry comes with a full-size spare and I replaced the damaged one with the spare and all is well now.

HTH Rajeev

Reply to
Rajeev Madan