Fuel Filter on 03 Camry V6

Where is the inline filter for my 03 V6 Camry? The older Camry I owned had the filter on the left front fender inside wall. I have looked and looked and can't find the one for the 03.

Any help?

And should it be changed? The cart is 6 years old and has 53,000 miles.

Thanks.

Reply to
Wayne55dud

It does not have an easily replaceable fuel filter. The only fuel filter is in the tank and it is not intended to be routinely replaced. Check your maintenance schedule. Fuel filter replacement is not listed.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

The large filter should last 100K miles, probably longer. But it's a pain to get to and you need to buy a gasket and maybe some fuel link clips depending on connection.

This is what the $24 filter looks like:

A large in-tank filter is the rave these days, and gone were the days when you had to replace the 15K mile wimpy little filter. Now if the wimpy filter was "lifetime", why did Toyota had to use the *large* in- tank filter?

Reply to
johngdole

Reply to
Wayne55dud

It used to be that a coarse strainer was used at the pump pick up point, and there were no filtration at all in the tank.

But the large in-tank filter should provide at least 10 micron of filtration like the wimpy little 15K mile filter up front. The larger size means this filter should be good 100K miles. Given that design life, for those new owners who trade in their cars every 4 years, it would be truely a "lifetime" filter.

Reply to
johngdole