Mounting Tire

Not exactly about car, but I got a flat tire on my tractor and the tire came off the rim. The tire is still inside the rim, just not sealed onto the edge. I tried to put it back on by inflating it with the shut-off valve of the stem valve removed. But it's obviously leaking faster than the air can get in and the tire wouldn't seal the rim edge. Any tips how I can get the tire on?

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
ZR

==================== Fix the flat first. I've seen this done with a belt or rope around the center of the tread pulled tight to push the sidewalls out.

Reply to
Daniel

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Reply to
ZR

Not for the faint of heart , at all, at all. Not to be tried *IF* you havent seen it done.

=Clean= the beads, & rim, 110% .. tire on rim ... a lite, =lite= grease of the bead ... A =short= burst of propane in the carcus ( qty depending on tire size ) ... lite it off .. Whamo ... yer done.

Ed

Reply to
0_Qed

I put dish wash soap around rim to help seal

Reply to
Wolfgang