Please help with wiring camry radio.

I am having a hard time wiring my 94 xle v6 camry. It came with the c/d and amplifier under the seat. The radio is missing and I cant find a replacement so I went aftermarket. I cant find a wire decoder anywhere? It is one plug with 14 wires. Thank You very much!! :)Nelson

Reply to
:

Why not remove the amp and CD under the seat and use the standard 2 plugs there? You can buy plugs with pigtails to plug directly into them and then connect to you new radio. (Neither component will work with your new radio). They have them at Walmart and other audio supply places like Advance Auto. The colors for these two plugs is pretty std and can be found on sheet that comes with the plug or

- pick quick radio wiring instructions, toyota, 87 & newer.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Well, if your not going to use the remote component amplifier under the seat, the connector in question is useless anyway and will never work for anything other than a Toyota radio built for it. What you need to do it look for the harness connectors (will be 2 blue ones) in the radio hole area, be on the RH side, disconnect both connectors and use the male connector end (female pins) for the replacement radio. You should be able to get the harness to make your radio plug right in, no cutting etc.

Reply to
MDT Tech®

Thank You!!for the help. I cant open the link up though can you?? I dont have a plug and have 14 wires. I know it was a one plug hook up with 14 wires because I saw it on a friends car. The normal camrys without the amplifier and c/d have a 2 plug hook up. Mine is a one plug (14) wires and 2 antennas?? I have found out that the black wire is constant(memory) power but cant find the ignition power wire. THanks again!!:)Nelson

Reply to
:

That is why you unplug the amp extension and use "those" wires for the radio.

Reply to
MDT Tech®