Radio Security

Hello Everyone

Two days ago I bought a 2000 Camry through an agency. I'm in New Zealand. The radio/cassette player (Type A) in the handbook LCD shows 'SEC' with ignition on which I'm informed means the security requires a reset as maybe the battery has been disconnected. Now I've been thru the book and tried putting in a new 3-digit code but this just used up one of the 9 lives ('Err1'). So to the local Toyota dealer I go. He finds no PIN in the Toyota computer system but figures it may be based on the engine number? so gives me another number to try, but that is wrong too and I've used Life 2 ('Err2').

They can remove radio and send it away to the Toyota radio supplier who will reset the infernal machine ... depending on who I talk to this is NZD$100 or $200. I've talked to everyone from the selling agent, the previous owner, the previous Toyota servicing company and the local Toyota co, but that's the best advice I've had. Unfortunately there is no guarantee on the unit as I bought it as is where is.

So maybe I do need to send away, but before I do this wondered if there was anything at all which I could try to workaround the problem. Any ideas please?

Thanks Graeme

Reply to
Maxim

Try the last three digits of your vehicle's Identification No.It is in the Engine Bay and sometimes known as Compliance plate.Good Luck

maybe

Toyota

will

or

as

was

Reply to
PG

Zealand.

gives

NZD$100

owner,

that's

unit

Reply to
Maxim

Cheap Buzzards! I had the same problem here in the US with a Honda I was selling. Called the nearest Honda dealer and explained it to them, they said they would not give me the code but if someone bought the car they would give it to them if they had the reg, etc, No Charge!

A 2000, *someone* should be able to get the code. Call Toy in your country and give them a heads up. They will probably supply the code to the dealer who will give it to tyou on proof of ownership.

Reply to
Vash The Stampede

On my 94, I was asked to come up with my own code when I turned to sec feature on.. I think the default was 1-1-1-1 or 9-9-9-9.....

Reply to
Chicken