Re: Which car stereo do you own having the best tuner reception for Camry LE?

: Please note the antenna may be the culprit, since it is integrated in : the rear windshield.

: Any kind of help and feedback is greatly appreciated.

This is the main problem. Windshield antennas are *lousy* for reception.

Getting the best receiver in the world and having a windshield antenna hobbles the front end of the receiver. One possible remedy would be to install a conventional telescopic antenna.

Additionally, windshield antennas are somewhat directional, giving signal variation with change in direction.

Good for car manufacturers, bad for radio listeners.

b.

Reply to
<barry

I run an Alpine head unit (about 5 years old, 3DA-W880E model) and I have the antenna built into my rear window (Lexus SC400) and it works beautifully. Just as good as the "real" antenna in my 1994 V6 Camry.

Reply to
Atlantis

Thank you for your feedback.

The reason I am reluctant to install an outside antenna is I don't want to make any cutout hole into the car panel / body (I don't mind if it is done originally from the factory).

Anyway, I will look inot Pioneer, Alpine, Clarion and Eclipse to see which one will have the best selectivity and sensitivity.

Reply to
John