Toyota Quality ?

This invalidates the entire article.

90 day quality is meaningless as anything wrong at all on the car can be fixed under warranty.

Long-term is what matters.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

My bad. I meant turbocharged diesels. VW knows them inside and out. Much better than they do gasoline engines, IMO.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Volvo is owned by Ford. This speaks volumes as to it's future which is bleak. Volvo WAS a great car maker, as far as Euro cars went. I don't think the numbers support this anymore.

It appears that you guys are going to believe what you want to believe, regardless of the evidence or source. All I know is that when someone in this country guarantees something in writing, if they don't deliver, they don't exist very long. So for some of you to imply that a longer warranty from Toyota would be a bad thing, what the hell are you thinking? I would say you must be working for Toyota.

I would say the best warranty is the one that you never need. When the dealer I bought my Tundra from started talking about extended warranties, I told him "If you are telling me that I should buy an extended warranty, then I am NOT buying a Toyota." He threw it in at no more cost than what I offered for the truck to begin with. So far, I have only had a loose clip making an occasional noise in the door panel. I don't think I'll need the warranty. But I wouldn't have bought a car without one. They are made by humans.

Reply to
Free Rider

Furthermore, women who drive Volvos wear Birkenstocks and ankle socks.

Mike

Reply to
Artfulcodger

Quality? No... They are second best at putting things together well enough that they don't break in 90 days. Great job on their part but as far as long term durability goes this article doesn't mean much.

I am amazed at how fart Hyundai has come in the last few years though. At one time they were just junk but the new ones have a good feel to them and I think they will make a decent car for those of us who can't afford the Toyota or Honda route.

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

And yet you claim to be in there getting dirty every day seeing all these things that aren't breaking. You're full of shit, Ileendoverhunt.

--
____________________
Remove "X" from email address to reply.

That will likely be on your grave stone, chucklehead. I suspect even your familiy knows this about you.

--
____________________
Remove "X" from email address to reply.
Reply to
Chris Phillipo

I agree with your statement as written.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Just curious why you use so many e-mail addresses! ???????: snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com...

Reply to
Sam Cheung

LOL...me too...

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Florida

cause Mike is so rich he can afford them....

Just ask him.....

ROFLMAO

Scott in Florida

Reply to
Scott in Florida

"Scott in Florida"

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

LOL... Now if that isn't a Freudian slip I guess there never was one :-)

Steve B.

Reply to
Steve B.

Oh, come on. Who among you has never poot a mistake in something you've written?

John Harlow

Seems Toyota is not the only one having trouble with high sulfur fuel.....

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to

Oh wait for this long winded pile of bull, lets see if it's the same as what he said last time.

--
____________________
Remove "X" from email address to reply.
Reply to
Chris Phillipo

Why? It's certainly not $2k better. Once again, perceived quality.

Reply to
Roger

Yes, but they also don't wear bras under loose fitting tops ;>))

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gates

While Philip may have been kidding, he's actually probably closer to the truth. Manufacturers will often extend their warranties after the public has gotten the impression that they (the mfr.) are building crap. Chrysler's 5-year, 50,000-mile warranties first showed up shortly after the dreadful (but, IMO, gorgeously decadent) piles of junk turned out from 1956-'61. Importers will often jack up the warranty to offer consumers the confidence that, "even if it breaks, we'll fix it for a long time". Once a mfr. has the status of a Toyota or a Honda, they don't *need* to offer long warranties; people will buy the cars *anyway*, so why take on that added responsibility?

Finally, in the overall scheme of things, a busted a/c system, while expensive and annoying, does *not* affect the basic function of the car as *reliable transportation*. Therefore, my advice to the OP is, quit whining and fix the damn car if you want it cool inside. If you want *perfection*, sell your car and see how perfect public transportation can be ...

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Not to the average new car buyer it is not meaningless. The average new car buyer in the US doesn't keep their car past four years, according to the available statistics. Are we to infer that it is OK for things to fail as long as you don't have to pay the cost of repair. If so that is all the more reason one might look for a longer term warranty, it would seem.

mike hunt

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

Reply to
DustyRhoades