Toyota Quality ?

The big 3 are improving. Check the Mexican built Chrysler PT Cruiser. Consumer Reports survey shows it is as reliable as Honda and Toyota.

says...

You experience seems to multiply every time you show up. I suspect in your next troll you will be 94 years old and have owed over 100 automobiles.
--
____________________
Remove "X" from email address to reply.
Chris Philip wrote:

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:35:24 -0400, some stupid top-posting, nym-shifting troll currently calling himself snipped-for-privacy@mailcity.com wrote:

See above my comments about people who buy crappy, boring, cars that do not satisfy, thus the need to constantly buy different ones.
That may be your opinion but currently I drive a 2003 Mustang GT convertible and a 2004 Lincoln LS V8 Sport, hardly boring cars. In February when the new 300 HP 2005 Mustang GT convertible comes out I'll buy one of those, again hardly a boring vehicle. Thank God for the used car buyers, if not for them being willing to buy the cars I no longer want I don't have to spend a lot of money on my new cars. AS long as I can continue to have new vehicles for only a few thousand dollar a year I will continue to buy new every year. All I ever need to do is change oil twice a year and even that if free on the Lincoln. ;)
mike hunt
dizzy wrote:

Mike
For having such cool cars, what are you doing posting here so much and not driving them?
Shit, I post cuz I am stuck at work, I would be driving otherwise!
Dan
Considering I average 12 to 15K on each vehicle I spend a lot of time driving which I enjoy doing. I still consult to the fleet service company I once owned. It is while in consultation with a tech on one of the stations that I stop into the various NG's while waiting for them to perform whatever work they need to accomplish. The beauty of current technology is I can post from my laptop via a bunch of different satellite connected stations, hence the various 'names,' that are connected to a common server that is connected to the Internet. I can easily do so wherever I may even while in my vehicles. ;)
mike hunt
"Dan JCS." wrote:

I love Toyota (I own two of them) but they aren't the best car maker. I would have to give that honor to Volvo.
--
Sean Elkins RKBA

Being a talented actor or musician doesn't make some

But then driving a Volvo, you are labeled as a leftist liberal, so most stick to Toyotas :)
Volvo is owned by Ford. This speaks volumes as to it's future which is bleak. Volvo WAS a great car maker, as far as Euro cars went. I don't think the numbers support this anymore.
It appears that you guys are going to believe what you want to believe, regardless of the evidence or source. All I know is that when someone in this country guarantees something in writing, if they don't deliver, they don't exist very long. So for some of you to imply that a longer warranty from Toyota would be a bad thing, what the hell are you thinking? I would say you must be working for Toyota.
I would say the best warranty is the one that you never need. When the dealer I bought my Tundra from started talking about extended warranties, I told him "If you are telling me that I should buy an extended warranty, then I am NOT buying a Toyota." He threw it in at no more cost than what I offered for the truck to begin with. So far, I have only had a loose clip making an occasional noise in the door panel. I don't think I'll need the warranty. But I wouldn't have bought a car without one. They are made by humans.

Dan J.S. wrote:

Furthermore, women who drive Volvos wear Birkenstocks and ankle socks.
Mike
Artfulcodger wrote:

Yes, but they also don't wear bras under loose fitting tops ;>))
Dan

Exactly the same A/C scenario on my 99 Camry LE 4 cyl auto. :-(
I agree with you on the lack of quality in the more recent Toyotas (also owned 90 Camry & 95 Camry ..... noticeably better cars than the 99)

Take this for what it's worth. I bought a 1995 Toyota T100 truck with the 3.4 liter V6 used in the winter of 2000. At the time I bought it, it had 219,000 miles on it. At approximately 250,000 miles, it blew a head gasket. My local dealer removed the heads and inspected and infomed me that Toyota would pick up the tab not only for replacement of the head gaskets because of a recall, but also would install a new short block because of pitting in the cylinders from the antifreeze being burned. I didn't have to scream, threaten, or anything. The truck now has 290,000 on it and still runs very well. My local Toyota dealer in Kansas City is a quality outfit. And no, I don't work for them. Just my experience. Every word is true.
You have an exceptional dealer. My Toyota dealer doesn't tighten the oil plug properly and I drive away with oil gushing from the engine. Lucky for them I lived pretty close to them at the time so I discovered it at home before it was dry.

JW wrote:

Well FIRST OFF... you need to educate yourself about the various components and what they do as their part of a system. The receiver/drier has two functions: (a) it is the system's filter for all mechanical debris and (b) it is the water separator (using the term loosely) because you cannot have moisture being pumped around through places that dip WELL below the freezing point of water without having a cessation of refrigerant flow. Anytime you replace a component (hose with O-ringed fittings, compressor, evaporator, condenser, expansion valve, etc) the receiver/dry must be replaced too. No butts.
Now WHY is your condenser in question? The condenser is mounted IN FRONT of the radiator where IT IS exposed to flying ROCKS and collisions with other vehicles. Punctures are not unheard of and that's not the car manufacturer's fault regardless of who that manufacturer is. For this diagnosis, the shop HAD to have performed a Halide leak test for escaping refrigerant and pinpointed the leak. Condensers do NOT clog up UNLESS the moisture absorbing bladder in the receiver/drier has ruptured (does happen). Start asking INFORMED questions of your shop and ask them to show you.
--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM