81 pickup seat swap

I have an '81 4wd pickup, and I would like to replace the seats with something more comfortable (hopefully with a lumbar support) Anyone have any good ideas on what seats may be easy to swap? Will seats from a newer truck fit? Or some other modern car? I am willing to do some welding, just dont want to have to recreate the whole thing. Thanks, Ian

Reply to
jose

Just about any bucket seat in the world will bolt in there fairly easily, you may have to drill a hole or two or weld in a nut or two.

In 80's trucks, I've seen the buckets from 4Runners, Camaros, Supras, and Celicas bolted in. The basic buckets from Tercels/Corrollas will bolt in with almost no work.

Pick two seats you like, take basic measurements to make sure they fit in the cab, and fit them in.

lycka till! GTr

Reply to
gregory trimper