getting rid of 1986 truck in midwest - impossible!

I have a 1986 2wd base model truck with a lot of upgrades and rebuilt parts, but nobody in or around Chicago wants any of them. It runs fine, but the bottom end is making the telltale noises of an engine on it's last leg, and I stupidly primered it on a whim, so it looks crappy. Ball joints are dead too (clunk clunk clunk). Any ideas? small parts going to Ebay, but body parts, etc.???? How do I get Midwesterners to buy rust free 1986 toyota body parts? Do you know anybody in or around Chicago who needs good 1986 Toyota body (or any kind of) parts. Cylinder head has 15000 miles on a complete rebuild with new exhaust valves. Entire brake system is new. It came from Cali about three years ago.....

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
lolo

Long bed or short bed?

Reply to
Cappy

Wolfgang

Dude, You drove it into the ground, and now want to sell it to somebody?

Lower the price, or call the Jewish Defense League, or other charity of your choice, and take the receipt they give you and write the value off of your taxes.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

disregard the post in which I got upset at jeff strickland, I had just woken up, and maybe took it the wrong way. After reading it again I am not sure he was being as much of a creep as I originally thought he was. Se la vie.

I'm really a happy guy!!

loren

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
lolo

Apology accepted. I thought you went a bit overboard and misunderstood the point ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Maybe I shouldn't read these things until after I have had some coffee in the morning, eh? I kept looking for a "delete posting" button, but there ain't one!!

I guess it's just the difference between somewhere where they use road salt and San Diego where the truck came from. Nobody has 20 year old cars here, but there I could sell parts without any hesitation. Totally understandable, but hard for me to accept. When I bought the Volvo 240 that will replace the truck, I never thought I would be stuck with the truck or having to part it out.... maybe I'll just make a road warrior car out of it and scare my neighboors, I just bought an arc welder....... hhmmmmmmm....

Jeff Strickland wrote:

Reply to
lolo

Reply to
lolo

Wow, that's one tiny truck! Couldn't you load anything other than thumbnail pictures?

jim menning

Reply to
jim menning

Reply to
lolo

That works! ;o)

Reply to
jim menning

Lolo,

That's one clean truck. Check out my 1988 (w/ 73K miles) in the link below. I've actually seen Shriners drive larger vehicles in parades! Your cap might look swell on my hotwheel!

Yours,

mothy

mothy

Besides my '05 Tundra, I have a 1986 2wd Chevy S-10 that I drive all the time (to save gas and the miles on the Tundra). I paid $300 for it 3 years ago last April. I haven't done a thing to it but brakes and a tune-up when I bought it, plus an occasional oil change. It's rusty and ugly (but never been wrecked!), I'm the second owner and the tires are still good! People at work keep trying to get me to sell it. I've hauled a bed load of railroad ties, several bed loads of gravel and once I hauled 1,960 lbs of topsoil!!! The front wheels kept popping up off the ground on my way home! I never much cared for GMs but this little S-10 is TOUGH!!! Dave

Reply to
nospam

Yeah, maybe I'll just keep it, it runs well enough, just don't want to pay insurance. Maybe I should get a higher paying job. Broke ass bum. I like that it drives like a go-cart. I just need to duct tape the front bumper back onto it! weeeeeee.

BTW, the shell fits perfectly on a barbie car! Hot wheels!! Smart alec.....

nospam wrote:

Reply to
lolo