Heater/AC/Vent Blower Motor Question

Hi All,

I have both a 87 SR5 4wd and a 90 SR5 4wd. Both trucks have developed the same problem with the heater motor where they will not blow at all on the first two setting but will blow on the two highest speeds. Originally I assumed the motors were bad but after looking at the book I wonder if it could be the blower resistor. With a test light I was able to confirm power to the motor at all speed settings. Hopefully someone out there has some ideas. Where is the resistor anyway?

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
markc

I have a similar problem w/my 88 SR5 4wd. It won't work on low but it will on the other three speeds. I assumed it was the switch, replaced it, still had the problem. So only then did I get out a mulitmeter (dumbass) and found the same thing as you - that I had power at all speed settings. It doesn't seem like a big deal until you don't have it - only then do you realize how nice it is to have a low setting. Can anybody help us? Thx, Slik

Reply to
slikrikd

You find the location and instructions on replacing the part on my web page:

Roger Brown