Tacoma double cab back window questions

Before I purchase a Tacoma prerunner dbl cab '03 I'm wondering if I need a sliding glass window ? I think I'd only use it to release some hot air when the truck has been in the hot sun a few hours. Does anyone really use it much and why???? I don't have any pets or tools to get to.

Second, regardless of above, I note that the back window doesn't have any electric defogger. Is this a problem when it's raining to defog the back window in a double cab? I'm really concerned more about this visibility issue than above.

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **
Reply to
dbtexas

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 13:09:38 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net.invalid found these unused words floating about:

If you're not putting a shell on the back, then you've also to consider the security issue.

With a shell, though it's great to 'blow' air through the shell, I keep mine cracked all the time, except in extreme dust.

Reply to
J. A. Mc.

can you even get the truck without the sliding window option?? most likely not... don't bother haggling for the downgrade option, get the sliding window then get yourself some good window locks... if they want in nothing will stop them, security items that take up their time will deter....

Reply to
Kryptoknight