tundras at dealer

I just went to one dealer near my home and they had a ton of tundras with extended cabs for show but not one without. Salesman said they didn't have any to show because of the demand but said they can order. I think he was bs'ing us about the demand because I think they want to sell more expensive trucks for more profit. Ofcourse I want to see and/or test drive before I buy one. And yes I know I can visit other dealers but just wanted to go to the nearest one to show my wife who was with me at that time. Any opinion ???

** remove .invalid from my email address to reply by email **
Reply to
dbtexas

Hey, dont miss "Monster Garage" on 6/29, Jesse James will be chopping up a brand new Tundra. (what a waste)

Reply to
MDT Tech®

After watching the way he destroyed the rock crawler (even though it was a Ford), I decided I don't really need to watch that a**hole any more.

He's nothing but a jerk. True, he makes good money, and builds some neat choppers, but he's still a jerk...

Like they say, dress a skunk in a tuxedo, he's still a skunk... :>))

Tom - Vista, CA

Reply to
TOM

Hi there:

Been there, done that. Wanted a single cab 5 sp V8, they don't seem to have been built! Tried to settle for a regular cab V6 5sp. Deal fell through, but "we have these other trucks". Bought a GMC 4.8 vortec 5 sp. with posi, air, tint, tire option and cd player (which I did not especially want) for

Reply to
DAVE GEE

You don't see many single-cab Tundras on the highway, either. Extended cab is indeed the choice of lots of folks. Any decent dealer will make an effort to find what you want at a nearby dealership and trade vehicles with them to get it for your deal.

Are you a member of Costco or AAA? Try their car buying service. Or use Autobytel.com, Cars.com, or any of the other internet services. Or just email all your local dealerships or telephone and ask for the fleet sales person or internet sales person. You'll probably get better service and a better initial price offer than if you walk in the door.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Shelton

Funny thing ...... thinking back on the experience ..... The salesmen absolutely do not seem to be interested in the way I want the truck optioned. They push very hard to buy what they have in stock regardless of 'fit'.

Another bitch: Why is my Chevy pickup only worth $4325 in excellent condition as a trade but the same truck has a dealer retail list price of $8360? A $4,000 profit for advertising, floor planning and shuffling papers?

I beginning to believe that this industry in general needs a major, serious dose of regulation.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Morgan

No... it is in need of buyers who are willing to say "No thank you" and walk away when they can't get a vehicle optioned as they wish, and buyers who are willing to sell their own vehicle rather than trade it.

You will ALWAYS get royally screwed on a trade, regardless of what Edmunds says it's worth.

The last thing we need is more regulation. The money will be made, and the regulation will simply require more of it from the buyers in the form of taxes and price increases by dealers. The best regulation in the world is competition.

And don't even talk to the lot jockeys... go straight to the fleet manager. You'll be able to get the options you want at the best price the dealership can offer.

Failing the fleet deal, it really is amazing how much the lot jockeys will give up if they know that you WILL walk away.

--- Rich

Rich Lockyer

There is very little demand for regular cab Tundras. Almost everyone that I have seen is a low end version for commerical use.

As to the guy that wanted a V8 5speed Toyota doesn't offer one.

A good dealer will offer to find the model that you want at another dealer if he can't order it. IIRC, Toyota won't do individual orders for customers or dealers for that matter. They will tell the dealer what is being built the following month for shipment to their region and the dealers can only order from what is being built.

Reply to
Garys2