what manual to get for the stereo coonection?

I have a 04 Sequoia with JBL system and RSE installed. Thinking about doing some upgrade to it and wondering what type of Toyota manual to get in order to know all the wiring info.

Thanks

Reply to
harry

I would go ahead and buy the "Toyota factory service manual", the real deal from the dealer. It will be fairly expensive but consider it a part of the truck, the information they have are second to none. Just make sure the wiring diagrams are included. I have tried the cheaper ones from the auto parts chains (autozone, advance, etc.) and they will only frustrate you in the long run.

Reply to
firepumper1

You can buy a day's access to the Yota manuals on line for about $10 - suspect they are in .pdf format. The actual manuals are about $150+. You should be able to find info on just the radio connectors online.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Are you sure the service manual has all the connections and wiring diagram I am looking for? Is there a specific "electrical manual"? Just want to make sure that I am getting the right one...

Thanks

Reply to
harry

Thanks,

I thought about that but also heard Toyota breaks info into page by page, that is annoying. And I am afraid that I may decide to look for some other info in the future. I don't mind to invest $150+ as long as there is no other $150+ to spend if I decided to look for other info. How many Toyota manuals all together, mechanics and electrical?

Reply to
harry

I recommend spending $10 for a one day subscription to the electronic version of Toyota's service manuals and download all the electrical information.

If you want, you can download the whole service manual and all the tech bulletins (if you have a high speed internet connection).

Paul. Phoenix, AZ

Reply to
Paul.