1300 or 1600 ?

Hello,

I have an AD engine. This must be then a 1600. I've heard that you can make a 1600 out of an 1300 twin port, and a 1300 from a 1600. My question now is .... How can I know if the AD engine is a 1600, or a 1600 block with 1300 pistons. I know this sounds maybe silly, but the engine is a mess and looks like it has been put together with "junkparts".

Greetings, Dave

1955 Oval 1967 T2 Single Cab 1969 Beetle
Reply to
Dave Coeman

By taking one cylinder head off and cleaning one piston top with solvent and possibly a piece of wood. (avoid scratching it). The piston size is stamped on top of the piston crown.

77mm = 1200 & 1300 (1200 if the crank is a 1200 crank, it has a 64mm throw as opposed to the 69 of the 1300 and larger engines) 83mm = 1500

85.5mm = 1600

Hope I got those right.

Jan

Reply to